Calgary Alberta Canada ?

Ill be wearing shorts and a t shirt tonight

I just want to say that I had such a great time tonight at the Calgary Xojo dinner meetup. It was great to put faces to names @Norman Palardy @Eugene Dakin @Andy Broughton and
@Peter Stys - we had a great 4 hour dinner conversation that was most entertaining and knowledgeable.

It was great getting to know you fellas additionally and hope to see many others at XDC 2020.

A great time was had by all

Anyone up for doing something like this with actual presentations & such once a quarter ?

YES! Glad you brought it up again. I had mentioned it but wanted to talk further.

weā€™d need a small venue of some sort where we could have presentations and then maybe go for a bite to eat
ideas ?
anything suitable in airdrie ?

Iā€™d be happy to sort that part of it out.

Once the mountain passes are safer to travel in the spring, I could be up for attending as well.

My oldest son lives in Edmonton, so I like to get out and visit as often as I can. This would be a great add-on to one of my trips.

I may be out that way in early April as I have some things to deliver to a friend in Vancouver
Maybe we could / should propose a meet up for that time in Vancouver area ?

Sounds like a plan. Let me know if there is anything I can arrange at this end.

I was posting before in this thread https://forum.xojo.com/24460-xojo-in-vancouver

But maybe we need to start a new one?

I added to that existing one

Iā€™d love to do something in the Calgary area, but I will be gone from late Feb until June. Obviously youā€™re on your own until then, but Iā€™ll do whatever needs doing to get something together for the summer or fall!

Yes, I would be interested in a presentation/lunch. It sounds interesting. It would likely be best to wait until June-ish until Andy is available :slight_smile:

I agree - having a local slave helper makes it easier :slight_smile:

I was thinking more along-the-lines of our group is smaller, and more people tend to have larger numbers of good ideas. Granted, Norman has many good ideas!

1 Like

Some of you arenā€™t on the other forum, so I thought Iā€™d see if I can reach out here to you. Looking to see if thereā€™s any interest in getting together again in the Calgary Areaā€¦

@Peter_Stys @Joe_Schumacher @Brian_O_Brien

I would be interested, however, I canā€™t risk bringing covid-19 back to my wife at home. Any get together would have to be after we get the okay to social gather.

Joe

Totally fair, and I understand completely.

Iā€™m also thinking I might want to do a zoom meeting sometime for others in the area that arenā€™t able to do the face-to-face.

Zoom would be a good way to go for now. Just let me know.

2 Likes

Yoā€¦ YYC hereā€¦