App Review Binary Rejected

My app was rejected by iTunes Connect “Crashed on launch”. It’s using the latest Xojo update for 64 bit and runs perfectly on simulator, iPhone 4, 5s and 6 and iPad Mini.

What now?

Did Apple give you a kind of crashlog?
Install your App on a clean/fresh device so that you can imitate them?
Do you use a kind of networksetting which they switched of?
Let your app be tested by some other people using Testflight?

I believe Apple needs to approve your app before you can ship it via Testflight.

Testflight is not a full review. This short process takes about 24 hours and you may upload every day a new binary!

[quote=172224:@Nic Kolbe]My app was rejected by iTunes Connect “Crashed on launch”. It’s using the latest Xojo update for 64 bit and runs perfectly on simulator, iPhone 4, 5s and 6 and iPad Mini.

What now?[/quote]
You should really be testing it on a device.

Thanks, I will go through all steps. Probably I have to provide for internet OFF situation. I will also look into Testflight. Yes I tested on iPhone 4, 5s, 6 and iPad Mini…

After adding error catch and make sure of network, it is working fine on iPadMini but crashes on startup on iPhone 5s… Something with 64 bit? Any ideas? Thanks!

What (if any) declares are you using? I would also recommend that you get a crash log from Xcode since they are very helpful in debugging crashes.

Using iOSImageExtension, Wrapper, UIWebViewDelegate, Reachability…

Open code:

Try
dim r as new Reachability
if r.isReachable then
DataLoad.SetFocus
declare sub setDelegate lib UILib selector “setDelegate:” (obj_id as ptr, del as ptr)
setDelegate(WebViewerLarge.Handle, UIWebViewDelegate1)
WebViewer.LoadURL(“http://www.ifindmax.com”)
DataLoadCheck.Text = “0”
SelectFirstTime.text = “0”
HistoryText.Text = “0”
else
Msgbox “Sorry no internet connection! Please make sure to be connected…”
DataLoad.SetFocus
end if
Catch error As RuntimeException
'do nothing
End Try

[quote=172370:@Nic Kolbe]Using iOSImageExtension, Wrapper, UIWebViewDelegate, Reachability…

Open code:

Try
dim r as new Reachability
if r.isReachable then
DataLoad.SetFocus
declare sub setDelegate lib UILib selector “setDelegate:” (obj_id as ptr, del as ptr)
setDelegate(WebViewerLarge.Handle, UIWebViewDelegate1)
WebViewer.LoadURL(“http://www.ifindmax.com”)
DataLoadCheck.Text = “0”
SelectFirstTime.text = “0”
HistoryText.Text = “0”
else
Msgbox “Sorry no internet connection! Please make sure to be connected…”
DataLoad.SetFocus
end if
Catch error As RuntimeException
'do nothing
End Try[/quote]

Comment out all of that and slowly reinstate them, one by one, until you find the one that is at issue. It can indeed be a 64 bit issue, since the simulator is 32 bit, and the 5s is 64 bit. One of the declares seem a probable cause.

You can get more information about the crashes by looking at the device logs in XCode when it is connected.

If I had to guess the problem is caused by iOSImageExtension or maybe the Wrapper. UIWebViewDelegate has nothing which is different 32/64bit and Reachability definitely works in my test of iOSKit on my phone. Looking through the image extension code there are several places where it is not 64 bit compliant. (CGSize to name one). What about the image extension library are you using? If it is the scaling code you should be able to rip out and delete everything else so it will work on 64bit. If you are using the other code as well then you or someone else will have to update it to support 32 and 64bit. If the problem is in the Wrapper I’m not sure where to direct you since I haven’t looked at that code in a while.

I have a similar Problem.
If i Copy the App via Xcode to my iPhone - everything works on the real device. But if i install the App with TestFlight the App crashes.
Any Ideas ???

For my understanding…
i cannot see a difference between this 2 kinds of installation because it is the same code, and the same target device.
What happens with my app if i try to install via TestFlight? Maybe i’m a little bit dull, but this make me upset!!!
I would like to understand this - but actually i’ve no idea to work around this issue ;-((

If i cannot make sure that my code is compatible to Apple’s TestFlight (and store) i have to change completely to Xcode, because this f…ing issue cost a lot of time and money.

Sorry Guys, but after a lot of work on my app and telling my customers that the QS needs more time than expected …

We’ve also experienced issues with TestFlight when we were testing the XDC application.
Our difficulty is we can’t tell you what the difference between the two methods is either as Apple doesn’t tell us.
We honestly don’t know.

Thanks Norman,
are there any experiences to special things we have to take care about (Graphics etc.) ?

Not that I’m aware of.
Apple definitely has VERY little information about what, if anything, happens when you create an IPA since they expect everyone is using Xcode.
I truly don’t know what the difference between submitting via the two means is and why one would work & why one would fail.
And Apple is not very forthcoming about it either - we’ve asked.

I uploaded a new build of my app (i’ve remarked all Declares to see what happens).
Installation via Xcode: OK

After Apple has prepared the build for publishing i tried to install it via Testflight.
What should i say: the app crashed!

Now i have no idea anymore, i’ve removed all critical code, except the graphics and database.

Very frustrating!

Norman: what did you change to make XDC work?

one thing,
i didn’t send the build for approval again because i only test it for internal testers.
But i don’t think that it is an issue for that.

[quote=188692:@Hans-Jürgen Müller]
Norman: what did you change to make XDC work?[/quote]
We didn’t distribute it using TestFlight

I’d check out any device crash log through Xcode to see if there’s anything helpful there.