App Review Binary Rejected

Thanks Travis,
I will Do the Same. If i find something i 'll let you know.

I’ve been using TestFlight to test my app with internal users for about a month without any problems. This is just a guess, but could there be a difference in the way a package is copied from your desktop to your device via Xcode and the way it is installed via TestFlight?

For example, I read that during an update to your app only specific files and folders are guaranteed to be copied from the previous version to the new version - the OS actually installs app updates in a new folder and then copies the contents of certain folders from the old location before deleting the old app - and I guess that TestFlight does the same thing. Perhaps your app is relying on something being present - or not being present - and that is the difference between an Xcode and a TestFlight installation?

My app re-creates its database and folder structure, etc, when it detects that it’s a new install. I have noticed that if I drag my app package onto my device in Xcode, my app thinks it is a new installation whereas when I update my app via TestFlight most if not all of the files in the existing app package are preserved.

Hello Jason,
that’s possibly right - as i started the new build (installed via TestFlight) it crashes as mentioned before. But if i check whats still in memory on my phone (double-click home button) i saw that the previous version is startet and i can see the startview! If i tap on it - nothing happens but it’s still in memory. Let me say that i deleted the Xcode installation before to ensure thats a new installation.

What i’m trying now is to build a new approved version for TestFlight (i didn’t let Apple approve the new builds, because of internal testing only). Maybe thats the reason why my new builds are not installed and TestFlight always send the old build ?!

Thank you guys for your support - it makes me looking forward to solve my problem ;-))
I will report the progress to probably help someone else with the same problem.

Hello Experts,
can anyone help me with the crash report? I tried to figure out what it means, but i’m not able to translate it to me in an understandable manner.

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Triggered by Thread: 0
Thread 0 name: Dispatch queue:

Thread 0 Crashed:

0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x0000000197803270 0x1977e8000 + 111216
1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00000001978a116c 0x19789c000 + 20844
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x000000019777ab14 0x197718000 + 404244
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x000000019774fa38 0x197718000 + 227896
4 MyClubGolf 0x000000010020ca8c 0x100040000 + 1886860
5 MyClubGolf 0x000000010020ce24 0x100040000 + 1887780
6 UIKit 0x000000018a3ff18c 0x18a37c000 + 536972
7 UIKit 0x000000018a616850 0x18a37c000 + 2730064
8 UIKit 0x000000018a619204 0x18a37c000 + 2740740
9 UIKit 0x000000018a617774 0x18a37c000 + 2733940
10 FrontBoardServices 0x000000018e02d3c4 0x18e014000 + 103364
11 CoreFoundation 0x0000000185904278 0x185824000 + 918136
12 CoreFoundation 0x0000000185903380 0x185824000 + 914304
13 CoreFoundation 0x0000000185901580 0x185824000 + 906624
14 CoreFoundation 0x000000018582d2d0 0x185824000 + 37584
15 UIKit 0x000000018a3f8438 0x18a37c000 + 508984
16 UIKit 0x000000018a3f2fa8 0x18a37c000 + 487336
17 MyClubGolf 0x000000010020d4d8 0x100040000 + 1889496
18 MyClubGolf 0x000000010004b1c8 0x100040000 + 45512
19 MyClubGolf 0x0000000100046230 0x100040000 + 25136
20 MyClubGolf 0x0000000100045da0 0x100040000 + 23968
21 libdyld.dylib 0x00000001976eaa04 0x1976e8000 + 10756

Thread 0 crashed with ARM Thread State (64-bit):

x0: 0x0000000000000000   x1: 0x0000000000000000   x2: 0x0000000000000000   x3: 0x0000000000000000
x4: 0x0000000000000000   x5: 0x0000000000000020   x6: 0x000000014c715d60   x7: 0x0000000000000229
x8: 0x0000000008000000   x9: 0x0000000004000000  x10: 0x000000000000000a  x11: 0x0000000000000000

x12: 0x0000000000000039 x13: 0x00000000000379e0 x14: 0x0000000000000015 x15: 0x0000000000000000
x16: 0x0000000000000148 x17: 0x0000000000000000 x18: 0x0000000000000000 x19: 0x0000000000000006
x20: 0x000000019b653310 x21: 0x00000001740775c0 x22: 0x0000000100286e08 x23: 0x0000000100286e28
x24: 0x00000001741e55c8 x25: 0x00000001741e55c8 x26: 0x000000018ab69ac0 x27: 0x00000000000000b0
x28: 0x000000014c6007d0 fp: 0x000000016fdbe270 lr: 0x00000001978a1170
sp: 0x000000016fdbe250 pc: 0x0000000197803270 cpsr: 0x00000000
. . .

thanks in advance ;-))

I had a problem like that and it was due to not having the build order in the correct order. It had to be Build, CopyToResources, then Sign. My problem was that the db file wasn’t copying or being signed…

@Hans-Jürgen Müller, use this quick app I made a few weeks ago to make the crash report more useful.

Drag the binary and crash logs where indicated and then post the start of the generated file like you did here, and it will show method names so that you can tell where it crashed.

Thanks @Hal and thank to @Jason.
I will check this out ;-))

Thanks God. The App is now Working via TestFlight!

@Hal Gumbert
Your advice was the solution! The CopyDatabase has to be placed after Build and before Sign !!!

Thank you very much - i guess i would be addicted to a lot of med’s without your help ;-))

Sweet. That mistake cost me about a week to wait for approval…