Api 2.0 Name changes vs performance changes?

I’m struggling to believe that. However, if that’s true, you should encourage them to stop blocking the license key check. There’s no good reason to block it and it could be throwing off our statistics.

Seriously???

That’s exactly one of the (good) reasons to use LittleSnitch (or other tools) and block applications from “phoning home”… I usually only temporarily allow a connection when I want/need it. You never really know what is really being sent, and what’s being done with it.
So for various applications I’m using, all connections to the “outside” are blocked. If I do a “check for updates” it will ask, I temporarily allow, as well as for the download. And that’s it. Then it’s blocked again until I need the application to do so.

Very true
A lot of folks block apps that phone home with little snitch and similar tools because they just dont like that sort of activity
And it stops the annoying nag about updates as well

Rest assured that the comments here and other places are not just the result of a “few disgruntled users”… that they do in fact represent a STATISTICALLY SIGNFICANT representation of the way your client base feels… and if you think that just because this forum has 19K registered users and not all 19K are complaining then you have NO IDEA whats is truly going on… (<200 users actually use this forum on a regular basis)

Xojo Preferences
Check for Updates : [NEVER]

Especially here in Europe, we are very very careful who gets what data from us.

I had to do a lot of convincing before our IT allowed the IDE’s communication with the outside world. I can well imagine that is not so easy in other companies…

Upon what do you base that conclusion? If less than 200 users are using the forum on a regular basis and there are many thousands of forum users, then that regular group Is statistically insignificant.

FWIW, that’s not how we measure this. While we do pay attention to the forum we also pay close attention to what we hear in customer service and tech support. When something is going wrong that’s affect a LOT of users, we do hear about it right away.

[quote=463938:@Sascha S]Especially here in Europe, we are very very careful who gets what data from us.

I had to do a lot of convincing before our IT allowed the IDE’s communication with the outside world. I can well imagine that is not so easy in other companies…[/quote]
I think that’s true in large companies. Small companies OTOH don’t usually have the time or inclination to think about things like this.