2016R2 - Problems

Problem 1:
When I open an old project and I click on an open TAB in the TAB bar, I got this error on Windows 7 and MacOS platform:

This application has encountered a fatal problem and must be shut down.

I have check for this error on many old project and it is always the same, Xojo got fatal problem. When I open an old Web project, I got this error also when I click on a WebPage in the Contents list. I could not report this error on this Windows machine, because I could not install feedback.exe. Feedback installation needs a internet connection, but my pc is behind a firewall and a proxy.

Problem 2:
Now I have made a new Web project with to empty WebPages and try to save (with save or save as) it, but now save dialog is present, only the complete Xojo window is flickering. I open an old project an I would save this as new project with a different name, but it can not be saved, I got the same error.

Now I have searched for a solution. First I removed all third party plugins. This help for problem 2, but I got a new problem. Problem 1 also exists without any plugin.

Problem 3:
Start Xojo, make a new Web Project and “Save” in the menu is not active. Only “Save as”. After this you can save your project, but you must enter a name for this project. After this you can use "Save2 from the menu.

Temporary solution for problem 2:
Remove V4RB.rbx (Valentina plugin) from the plugin folder.

I have reported this error for problem 1 on my mac with feedback case #44574. Does anyone have the same problem?

and “delegates” could not declare the same name on different modules.

Is this new with the released version ?
(does not appears with beta ?)

I could not check this with beta releases on windows platform, because the binaries are located on a cloud server, that locked by firewall and proxy settings. So I could not download this beta releases.

Sorry.

Have you tried putting your proxy settings into Feedback?

Feedback installation does not show a window for proxy values. But I found a solution to install it. I have disconnected my pc from the network and now feedback is installed. I will try tomorrow if I can create a new case.

Which version of Feedback?

Problem 4
Xojo 2016r2 completely unusable when opening my big project (Answers.) No idea why.
Sampled, and sent in possibly the lamest bug report ever.

Feedback 15.1.2.170 for Windows platform

[quote=276971:@Tim Parnell]Problem 4
Xojo 2016r2 completely unusable when opening my big project (Answers.) No idea why.
Sampled, and sent in possibly the lamest bug report ever.[/quote]
If you have a project that demos the problem attaching that to the report would be good
You can add it privately

Perhaps this will help…I downloaded Xojo2016r2, installed it and tried one of my heaviest programs, to encounter a massive error.
It looks like the timers action run within a second of the start of the program (though the period property is 5000), before all lists and such are populated. If I start my Open event with all timer.enabled=false, all is fine again.
I don’t feel this is a bug, but it works differently then with the previous versions.
Compliments for the work on the IDE, it’s working perfectly now.

You do not use the keyboard shortcut / accelerators ?

On the other hand, setting a name to a PushButton does no more needs a Return or click in its entry in the Navigation pane… Niiiice !

For “Problem 3 - Cannot save new project” a new feedback case is opened: #44609

I cant reproduce that one
Tried 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11 all with new user accounts
Haven’t closed it as Stephane or Robin might be able to and give me some idea whats different about what I’ve tried vs what they tried
But right out of the box it doesn’t misbehave for me

There have been other threads about this on the forums
Dont recall what conclusions they’ve come to though

[quote=276880:@Horst Jehle]
I have reported this error for problem 1 on my mac with feedback case #44574. [/quote]
Please add some steps or a sample to this case

Like my description in feedback:

1. Open Xojo (if it runs, quit and restart)
  2. Create a new Web project
  3. Select Menu => File
  4. You can see save is inactive (see screenshot)

This problem exists on MacOS and Windows. I have tested this now with 2016R2 and no third party plugins.

Its that way regardless of the platform you selected (Desktop or Web)… if it is a NEW project, you have to “SAVE AS”… since XOJO doesn’t have a “name on file” for it yet.

Most other Apps simplay handle the Save in this case the same way Save as… works.

[quote=277023:@Horst Jehle]Like my description in feedback:

1. Open Xojo (if it runs, quit and restart)
  2. Create a new Web project
  3. Select Menu => File
  4. You can see save is inactive (see screenshot)

This problem exists on MacOS and Windows. I have tested this now with 2016R2 and no third party plugins.
[/quote]

That doesn’t happen here for me so there must be “something else” involved