2016R2 - Problems

wasn’t arguing the point… simply stating that is how Xojo seems to be doing it, its not a r2 issue, its not a web project issue

We do as well
Hence why I’m puzzled why Save would not be enabled

We do as well
No idea why Save isn’t enabled
It is here

When I create a new project, I got this window:

And I enter my project name in the “Application Name” field and you can see that the main Xojo window has the name of my project.

Why I must use “Save as” ?

Now I have found the problem. If I create a new project and change nothing on the project, the “Save” entry in menu ist disabled, but when I drag any object from the control menu into a Webview or add any property, etc. the “Save” menu is enabled now.

this level of detail is exactly what should be in the bug report you filed
please add it and we’ll look into it

Information added to feedback case #44609. Thank you for the always good support by Xojo.

FYI this is not new at all
Start a new project in 2012r2.1 (I’e also tried 2011r1 and 2010r5)
Do nothing else but select the File menu
Save is not enabled

A brand new project is not dirty yet, so save is not enabled. Change anything to make the project dirty & save becomes available.

In Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, you can find:

As much as possible, avoid displaying a dot in the document window’s close button.

[quote=277032:@Norman Palardy]We do as well
Hence why I’m puzzled why Save would not be enabled[/quote]
My Xojo installs work as he is describing… “SAVE” does not light up for a “NEW” project, not until it has been “SAVED AS” at least once

I think the Point is, Save should *never be inactive. This is how most Apps do it and Norman said this is how Xojo should do it.

*Maybe right after a Save has been done it could be marked inactive. But it would not hurt if it would be ALWAYS active.

And therein lies the difference
With that added info I could see what you referred to and your bug is now fixed
<https://xojo.com/issue/44609>