[XPlatform] Strange idea

A strange idea comes to my mind during the last days:

What if I want to “move” a Desktop Project to a Web Project (or other(s)) ?

That project is SQLite data driven.

Beside code change, what must be done to generate the WEB application (and others).

I saw nothing in the navigation pane related to any Target. Is this implicit (say, if I use WebListbox, Xojo IDE will generate a WEB application / if I use iOSListbox, Xojo IDE will generate an iOS application and so on ?)

As far as I can tell, a Xojo project file starts with two flags, the second one set the kind of project…

No

[quote=443002:@Emile Schwarz]
As far as I can tell, a Xojo project file starts with two flags, the second one set the kind of project…[/quote]
Mostly but then you run into the various kinds of controls which are different from project type to project type & what super classes they are based on

Its not just as simple as swapping the project type in the manifest and you’re done

Thanks.

So, I have to start a brand new project of the “target” kind and copy the windows/modules/Class/etc. from one project / paste into the other project and adapt listbox to webListbox etc. ?

Or write a new project from scratch (with the original Desktop in mind / open in a different window as reference) ?

I think the best idea is to use a model view controller scheme whenever appropriate – keep your database code independent from a platform, and then add modules and classes that create the respective platform output.

This way you can keep the database module separate as shared code and don’t have to copy later changes manually from one project to another.