Xojo's eighth birthday

Some PROs, when with enough time, write their own substitutions to plugins too.

Yes. And quite some things in our plugins started as part of an internal or consulting project.

But from something used in a project to an item you offer to others is a big step.
Not just examples, documentation, licensing and a website, but also a lot of work to make it a more generic API.

1 Like

And I said ā€œsubstituteā€ because if you need to bootstrap something fast and we have it ready in a plugin, thatā€™s the way to go.

At least partly because of the business model. Selling 100 items for say Ā£300 when I donā€™t need 98 of them means I donā€™t buy the offering, even if the two items meet a need.

Selling the individual items for say Ā£5 to Ā£10 each means I might well.

We do sell licenses for individual plugins from our collection.
If you need something, email us.

But it may be much more convenient for you to get a license for a package and donā€™t worry if the next class you like to use is part of the plugin you got.

2 Likes

I always associate this thing here :innocent:

xojo-tool

Geoff got one from me in Miami. And itā€™s a good tool.

1 Like

Well, in the case of GraffitiSuite, some of the components if sold individually (generally the most desirable ones) would be more expensive than the cost of the entire Suite subscription for Desktop or Web.

2 Likes

In other Xojo-related news, Xojo has once again hit the TIOBE Top 100!

6 Likes

At a position somewhere between 51 and 100ā€¦

For less than 0.2% of market share.

I would not be proud of that.

We know Xojo is tiny in the huge world. But we are happy to see it makes the list.

6 Likes

When ask its age to a kid (s)he always adds the half (when apply):

ā€œIā€™m 6 and a half years oldā€

At nearly 70, I do not do that far before The Beatles brokeā€¦ :wink:

I understand, but I stand on my point of view.

Well, with a bit of work and adapting some items, Iā€™ve been able to make my app run under macOS, Win7 and Win10, Linux Mint, and the Raspberry Pi. And it looks more or less the same on all five. Iā€™d say thatā€™s not bad.

1 Like

Went to your provided link and found

CoffeeScript

Wasnā€™t that CoffeeCrisp :rofl:.

Iā€™d personally rather have a CoffeeCrisp than CoffeeScript. :smiley:

Itā€™s OK to celebrate and enjoy even the most minor of achievements. That said, with all of the languages out there, Top 100 ainā€™t bad.

5 Likes