Xojo3D tutorials missing files

I’m following the archived tutorial collection at Xojo 3D. I’ve come to a stop with this tutorial because there is a missing file resource (X3Test.zip). I think it’s a model file that defines a set of helper methods.
Has anyone else here followed these tutorials and if so did you find a way of locating that file?

If I recall correctly that was @Alwyn_Bester’s project.

Thanks. I have sent him a message to see if he still has the file(s).

Hey @Ian_Piper ,

I apologize for only getting back to you now… we’ve been able to restore the Xojo3D.com website files from backup. You can access the site here…

https://zoclee.com/xojo3d/index.php

All the .zip files should also be available on this site.

4 Likes

I’ve downloaded the tutorial files now and it’s going well. I thought I’d mention something that I’ve noticed and that others may find useful.
Running tutorial 8 I noticed something odd.

The cube displayed too small compared with Alwyn’s original. I assumed that I’d made a mistake in the code so checked everything, but it was all OK. I finally chased the issue down to a setting that is in newer Xojo projects (and missing in old projects for reasons that will become obvious). In the Build section, one of the Shared settings is “Supports Hi-DPI” which is something to do with Retina displays. If this setting is on, my cube is small. If I turn it off, then my cube looks exactly like the code in the tutorial example:

There is a page on Hi-DPI support on the Xojo documentation. Interestingly it talks about when you should turn Hi-DPI support on. I’m pretty sure it is on by default; I think maybe it should be off by default. But what do I know?

Anyway, in case anyone else is scratching their heads over similar symptoms, this may help.

1 Like