Xojo2021v3.1 and Popupmenu.change

From Release notes:
[66755] Framework macOS
DesktopPopupMenu.SelectionChanged event no longer fires needlessly when the SelectedRowIndex doesn’t change.

I thought this issue was related to a topic of mine of a few days ago:
PopupMenu not firing when selecting the same row.
where I was saying that targetWindows does not fire, but MacOS fires it.

Now, after a quick test, it seems to me that, for MacOS, things have not changed, i.e. selecting the same row of a popupmenu fires.
This is my test:
three textfields with text = “”
popupmenu1.change event
if me.listindex = 0 then
textfield1.text = “122”
textfield2.text = “BGT”
textfield3.text = “”
elseif me.listindex = 1 then
etc. etc.
end if

1. User writes something in textfield3, ex. “Hello”; and may even edit textfield1 and textfield2.

2. User re-selects the same row of the popupmenu, or somewhere s(he) executes:
    popupmenu1.listindex = popupmenu1.listindex

3. The three fields show
    textfield1.text = “122”
    textfield2.text = “BGT”
    textfield3.text = “”

Does not this behavior relate to case 66755? If it does, then re-selecting the same row should not have fired (as in target Windows where the popupmenu won’t fire).
But I may be misunderstanding the issue.

Or, does case 66755 apply only to API2?

From what I understand case 66755 only applies to code changing the Index and not an actual action of the user. In other words if index = 0 and I press a button that set the popup to index = 0, then SelectionChanged event doesn’t fire. If I manually select index 0 then SelectionChanged is fired (this tested with Mac, don’t know about Windows). I hope this is clear.

And is only for DesktopPopupMenu and not for PopupMenu.

You are right. I had overlooked the fact that 66755 refers to DesktopPopupMenu, i.e. API2.