Xojo Wrapper for the PushBullet Notification REST API (Computer/Mobile/Webbrowser)

1. What is PushBullet?

Pushbullet bridges the gap between your phone (Android/Iphone), tablet (Android/iPad), and computer (Windows/OSX/Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Opera), enabling them to work better together. From seeing your phone’s notifications on your computer, to easily transferring links, files, and more between devices, Pushbullet saves you time by making what used to be difficult or impossible, easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SdAzP-5sUw

2. Xojo Wrapper (Beta)

With this PushBullet API wrapper for Xojo, you can manage your devices, contacts, subscriptions and push notifications to any other device or contact. For the moment as it is Beta it is closed source, but I will probably release its final version as DonationWare or maybe even Open Source. It has only been tested on Windows, so some feedback would be nice.

Push types supported:

• Note
  • Link
  • Address
  • List
  • File transfer (up to 25MB), async upload

ABPushBullet is a control. You can drag it to your form and start using it.

Two properties in the inspector NEED to be altered:

1. Set ‘Secure’ ON (For some reason ,while set in the constructor, it does not work if you do not set it in the inspector)
  2. Fill in your AccessToken. When you have created an account (http://www.pushbullet.com) and installed the apps on you Android/iPhone/WebBrowser/Computer you can go to your account settings (click on your avatar on the top right, pick ‘account settings’)

On this screen you see ‘Access Token’. E.g. 4HamM*******************

Enter this token in the inspector.

That’s it!

The demo project shows some rudimental functionality of ABPushBullet. (most of the buttons do not show anything. You’ll have to go into the code to see the objects it gives back in the debug window).

The pushes itself are more complete. Every type has an example use. Press the ‘Devices’ button first to load you devices into the combos. Pick one, fill in the fields and press ‘send’.

ABPushBullet is created with simplicity in mind. You can do everything with just a few easy to use methods:

You can download the control and demo project from: http://www.gorgeousapps.com/ABPushBullet.zip

mmm, there is something weird going on. It seems when I encrypt the classes, I get a TypeMismatchException whatever I try. It looks like somehow xojo does not recognize the classes anymore.

I’ll have a look at it later and will upload another version.

Please let me know when link it’s back. Looks very interesting! :slight_smile:

Any progress on this one?
Very interested in seeing this work.

Sorry guys, so much work at the moment I completely forgot to upload the new working version. You can use the download link in the first post. Don’t forget to set you personal Access Token in the inspector.

Thanks. Will try it asap.

I manage to push from xojo.
Should I be able to push to Xojo too?
I registered the xojo app as a device and I can push to it from other devices (the xojo app shows up in the list), but I don’t see how to catch the push from the other device so that I can do something when it arrives.
Sorry if I missed something. I tested asap like I said, but only had a few minutes to play with it.

I’m not sure it is possible. I think you have to poll it (Timer)

Push seems to work quite well.
I’ve been able to push to devices and push to contacts (via ABPBPushType.Email).
I can receive the pushes on my Mac, and on my Nexus 5 without problems.
I look forward to seeing where you take this.
I made 1 small change to cmdGetDevices.Action
I changed it to

for each dev as ABPBDevice in devices if dev.Active=True Then
This way it only shows active devices.

This is really cool! I got pushes working but for some reason, I can’t push file attachments of any kind (Picture, Really Small Pictures, Text Files, etc.)