Xojo with Apple processors & macOS

So just watched the WWDC keynote and as expected looks like another big shift for the platform. So with Xojo and LLVM supporting ARM what does this transition look like for Xojo desktop support for the new Mac hardware?

https://blog.xojo.com/2017/09/29/what-it-means-for-your-xojo-projects-if-mac-goes-arm/

Old blog post, still true

I vaguely remember that post, totally forgot about it. That said there’s sometimes a difference between “we can do it” and what needs to be done to actually make everything work. I’m curious to hear some more details about the latter. Like thoughts on when we can expect to see this show up in beta form.

There more to generating an app than being able to compile the code

I have feeling this is going to change the priority list again.

-Karen

Yikes.

I have a feeling this is looking 6 month to a year’s work just to stand still.
I’ve ALREADY had one email asking if my software ‘runs on the new Macs’

Exactly
Having gone through this last time around. I’d like to see it not working ASAP so I/we know what needs to be fixed. There’s so many things to consider, everything from 3rd party libraries and plugins to installer packages.

This is a transition we have been anticipating Apple would make for years now and we are in very good shape to support it. While we are going to be reviewing the technical details over the next few days, we are anticipating this to be a project that would likely be measure in weeks rather than months. Nevertheless, we must review the details before we can be sure. At the same time, we have existing priorities and Apple is not going to be shipping a Mac that is Apple Silicon-based until the end of this year. As soon as we have more details on our plan for Apple Silicon support, we will be sharing them with you.

[quote=493484:@Jeff Tullin]Yikes.

I have a feeling this is looking 6 month to a year’s work just to stand still.
I’ve ALREADY had one email asking if my software ‘runs on the new Macs’[/quote]
At least you CAN say “Yes” and just not mention Rosetta :slight_smile:

There’s a (german) post about one huge App and firsts test’s building it as a Universal 2 App.

Porting a Mac app to “Apple Silicon” - using the MacFamily Tree App as an example

What are border cases with booleans?

We now have to use true, false, file not found?

Well, I’ll soon try to start building plugins for the new arm target :slight_smile:

No, but true, false, both or none (all at the same time … sometimes). :slight_smile:

begining quantum programming ?