XOJO Web Spreadsheet?

Can I make a 3 column spreadsheet that lives on the web so my co-workers can access our database in spreadsheet form and find a file with certain parameters. 3 columns would be, 1- name, 2-numeric duration, 3-category. I would need to filter the duration and category. Pretty simple to do in Excel, to have it on the web would be so cool.

I work for a Television Broadcast network. We probably have 20,000 videos created over the past 30 years. Sometimes we have a 2min 30sec hole in a show and need to fill it with a video we made previously. I would need to search time between 2.3 and 3.3 (which are in min and seconds) and/or a certain category such as… ABC, DEF, GHJ, KLM, etc or both time and category.

What I see is you have do use a plugin by MonkeyBrainz? I really good at my Applescript. I am really good at AutoHotKey on PC, I own XOJO and have created a few apps. This WEB spreadsheet is my next project.

Thanks.

If you want the users to use an excel spreadsheet you can setup excel on onedrive and share it. Anyone with a web browser can view it.

If you want a web app, then xojo can do this. It sounds like you would use a listbox to show the listing. Then add text fields for users to search. I assume you would need to update the data from time to time. You could use a plugin to read excel files directly or just save the excel file as a csv. I would recommend storing the data in an SQLite database so you can query it easily

You certainly can display data as a spreadsheet using a WebListBox. You may add filters to get a subset of all the data, and even sort the records.

Honestly, a tool like FileMaker will get you there a lot faster and easier - this is right in its sweet spot. It will give you lots of room for future expansion, too; FileMaker is an astonishingly flexible and powerful database system.

I remember FileMaker from 20 years ago, I thought EXCEL or ACCESS took over. I’ll look into it but EXCEL does exactly what we need it to. I have Dropbox, I guess that would work too. Thanks for all your insight.

Excel is for computations, not list displayer…

A “simple” SQLite Database would be far better and less complex to do.

And you may add some more information (like ©, cast, short or long description, creation date, subtitles to use, etc.) while keeping the file manageable.