Xojo Textfield and Mask Bug?

Hi all,

I am experiencing something a bit weird. I have been learning how to use masks (a cool feature), but when the mask uses a “:” in it, it seems to go bonkers on me, as you can see in this quick screencast video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QrC498N0c

I am not sure if the problem resides with the way that I’m implementing the mask, or is it a Xojo bug? Any suggestions on how to use a mask to format time, such as 07:30 or 12:15?

Thank you!

Don’t have a Mac near me at the moment but testing with Xojo 2018R3 and Windows 10 x64 the mask worked as expected

Hopefully someone else will test with a Mac and report back

what is the used mask value and what do you wanted to do ?

[code]: is a Time separator.

The time separator that is actually used is specified in the user’s International settings. The character is treated as a literal (formatting) character for masking purposes.[/code]

@Emile Schwarz

[quote=446530:@Byron Minick]Hi all,

I am experiencing something a bit weird. I have been learning how to use masks (a cool feature), but when the mask uses a “:” in it, it seems to go bonkers on me, as you can see in this quick screencast video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QrC498N0c

[/quote]

@Byron Minick

Try this in code, say in key down event or whatever you think is best:

Me.Mask = "##:##" 

Usually, I never run YouTube except fr music.

Your video is too small to rea the mask value and the explanation out of understanding (for me).

I set some mask values, but none that wotked. This do noy is an acknoledgemnt for “do not worked on Mac”… only I failed.

What are your Time settings ?
(to compare with mine)

The results I get displays something that looks like a date plus other numbers…

BTW: copy your original text as is will not help to understand, if this was not clear on the first (and later) reads.

Example:
Mask: 99:99:99,
Returns (for 12): 2121/10/2001 18:

My Date/Time settings: 2019-07-24 21:33:53

Returned from:

[code]Dim Right_Now As New Date

MsgBox Right_Now.SQLDateTime[/code]

A Time, for me, is HH:MM:SS… (and it will follow a 24 hours schema).

I get it:

The first returned numbers is the values you type, the remainder is what Xojo returns…

So, when I type 12, I get today’s date @ 21:33:53. Not what I expected.

El Capitan / Xojo 2019r1.1.

@Emile Schwarz

Thanks for checking on a Mac

Also, check the following link:
http://documentation.xojo.com/api/deprecated/textedit.html.Mask

Specifically the top warning (for next version).

@Emile Schwarz

I just saw that also

I guess that is part of the API 2.0?

I think so too.

But this does not explain the behavior. Either we misread/misunderstand something or the LR lack explanation.

Did it works on Windows or Linux ?

Thanks all!

@brian franco Thanks for the code suggestion! I recorded my screen (again - LOL) and you can see that I am getting the same result still, unfortunately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag8QvkvfkGY

@Emile Schwarz I saw the message, but I didn’t see any documentation on how to use it. I am guessing that the feature isn’t available yet?

Thoughts? Recommendations?

@Byron Minick

Since 2019R2 has not been released yet they are probably still working on documentation for it, plus you wouldn’t be able to use any new API until 2019R2 is officially released by Xojo.

I think it must be a Mac thing? It works fine on my Windows testing.

I can check this evening when I get home as that is where my Mac is.

seems a mask of “##\:##” works

@Byron Minick what macOS do you have?
Tested with Sierra and High Sierra and I don’t get the same as you, here it works ok.

Ok just tested with Xojo 2018R3 and MacOS 10.14 and got the same result as @Byron Minick

I guess this get the prize of weirdest thing.
I have a MacBook Air with macOS 10.14.5, tested Xojo 2018R3 and it works ok.
Don’t understand what is different with my installations.

Dave, did you get the problem too without the \ ?
I can’t believe that 3 different Macs (that I have access to) with different OS can work as expected while other people are seeing a different thing.

using “##:##” and typing 55
it returned 5510/21/01, 9: so… .yes I did

using “##\:##” it worked just fine

2018 iMac , Mojave, Xojo2019R1.1

The more important question is what YOU get when you use"##\:##"?