Xojo quits with a fatal error!

Is there a bug in Xojo 2015r4 or is there a max to controls in a window during design time (about 20 controls).

I did restart my computer, reloaded my project from a backup (also tried backup -1), but each time I do something in design mode, suddenly, I get this error message:

This application has encountered a fatal problem and must be shut down.

Please tell us more about this problem. An error report has been prepared which will
help us improve the product. Would you like to launch Feedback and report the
problem now?

Any ideas??? I cannot do anything anymore without getting this error message

Have you clicked Report Now and sent it to Feedback so we can take a look?

Hi Rob, can you check FB 42094 ? Is it about the same issue ?

Hi Greg, I clicked report now and Xojo asked me to install the reporting tool, which I confirmed and then Xojo did crash again.

Where can I find FB 42094? I tried to search under support, but I can only see the FAQ. Is that because I am no (not yet) a verified user of Xojo? I am busy to convince the right people in my company to buy the compilers of Xojo (almost there :slight_smile: )

FB stands for “FeedBack” , the Xojo reporting tool. Registered users find it next to the Help button in the Xojo toolbar.
I’ve put a printout of the Feedback case 42094 for you here.
Hope this one will be fixed in next release since it was not there in previous versions.

ok, I was able to install the feedback program, did reload the project and got the same error after moving around the controls. I have reported it to Xojo now and indeed Joost, it looks the same as you described in FB 42094

I see that Xojo is handling the same issue on FB42087, closed a couple of duplicate cases, because they report the same as in 42087, where Xojo is still waiting an answer of the complainer

Yes I have had this same issue with 2015r4

It crashed 10+ times today for me when I was in design mode. It happens for me when I am resizing or moving things in design mode.

It only did this on my Win 8.1 box, though, and my Win 10 machine works fine with Xojo 2015r4

I will attempt to install the feedback utility if it can get this fixed.

Rob, are you on Windows 8.1 64 Bit?

[quote=242096:@Zachary Milbourn]Yes I have had this same issue with 2015r4
It crashed 10+ times today for me when I was in design mode. It happens for me when I am resizing or moving things in design mode.[/quote]

For this reason I had to go back to 2015R3.1 . This one MUST BE FIXED for next release.

Go to Xojo.com, click download, then extras, and you will be able to download Feedback. Install it and you’re good to go.

… and have a look at case 42094

It looks like Xojo staff is looking into this… I’m glad we will get a resolution soon. Thanks everyone!

It is found and fixed. Xojo will release this fix in Xojo2016r1

@Rob Valk - where have seen it ? FB ?

<https://xojo.com/issue/42094>