Xojo Meetup Orange County, CA with Geoff

Join Geoff Perlman for a Xojo Meetup in Orange County, CA. If you are in the area and interested in joining Geoff for a lunch meetup to talk Xojo and get to know other developers in the area, please fill out this survey so we can determine the best possible date for the most people.

Orange County covers a lot of area… If it were to be in South Orange County, I might be able… if in North Orange than not

anything more specific?

I wanted to reply to the thread to indicate my interest in these types of events in the future. I haven’t completed the survey, not due to lack of interest, but because I can’t make any of the listed dates.

@Dave S 's point is also a good one. Orange county is large by area, and slow to traverse due to traffic. It can take anywhere from 1.5 - 3.5 hours to get from one side to another depending on the time of day, so more information would certainly be helpful.

But thanks for doing these kinds of events, this is the type of thing that really makes Xojo feel like a community, there aren’t a lot of (non-gaming) software companies that do this.

While I would say it depends on where most users are coming from, I’d generally prefer South Orange County. Most likely some place right off the freeway in the Mission Viejo, El Toro area.

Guess I’ll pass until something more substantial is in place. I’m just the kind of person that doesn’t like to commit to something arbitrary.

Yes - Orange County is quite expansive. Lucky for me El Toro / Mission Viejo is right in my back yard. For meeting places if you want to target a nice (well lit, not filthy) pub, then perhaps Brü on El Toro Road. Hope it all works out, it’s nice to get caught up (and see how coding has aged us!).

The final date is Tuesday, August 27th. We are working on location since it looks like a lot of you will be coming in from LA. Stay tuned. Suggestions welcome!

Here’s the what, where, when:

Lunch Meetup with Geoff
Noon on Tuesday, August 27th at Pieology Pizza at the Irvine Spectrum Center.
670 Spectrum Center Dr. Irvine, CA 92618

Great! See you there!

I don’t think I can make it BUT if my schedule opens up Tuesday can I just show up? Or do I need to make some kind of reservation in advance?

I missed the survey because I didn’t think there would be any chance I could make it. Now there’s a slim chance. I’m going to try, I never make it to the conferences and it’s a great chance to meet Geoff and other Xojo devs.

No reservation needed, just show up! We hope you can make it :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Reminder that this is today!

The group decided to go a few doors down to Wahoos.