Xojo iOS export data

Hi,
I have a data table and a graph I would like to export from xojo iOS app to use in desktop. I could use any format or method. Maybe exporting to camera roll the graph, or email the data table to myself. Or even create a PDF and export it. What do you think is the best method to take this info out of the app to use elsewhere?
Thanks a lot for your insights!

The simplest of all is to use the ability of iOS apps to share documents through iTunes.

See https://forum.xojo.com/18037-how-to-get-database-into-out-of-ios-device

Then you can use pretty standard formats, just as you would on Desktop. Maybe cvs/tsv for the table.

save it as text/picture whatever in the /Documents folder of your app, then connect the device to Itune, and drag the file(s) from iTunes to you desktop

requires adding Filesharing key to your plist (search the forum, there are topics with the precise details)

The IOSSharing Panel limits you to a piece of text, a URL, or a picture.

You can place any document you want in the iTunes sharing panel.

I have iOS apps I wrote that store dozens of files in the Documents folder, and I move them using iTune… you can copy files out, or move files into the iosDevice quite easily this way…

So I am not sure where you got the idea it was limited to one file.

Thanks, I think that’s what I need.
But how can I debug and test it using simulator? Or at least not having to publish it in App Store?

In your app Open event, copy all the files to specialFolder.documents.

the iTunes part can only be tested on a real device… but you don’t have to publish to the app store for that

That’s not what the docs say:

iOSSharingPanel

The OP asked about maybe emailing data, that’s what made me think of this control.

[quote=299173:@Dave S]I have iOS apps I wrote that store dozens of files in the Documents folder, and I move them using iTune… you can copy files out, or move files into the iosDevice quite easily this way…

So I am not sure where you got the idea it was limited to one file.[/quote]

I use the Documents folder also, but I’m not talking about the iTunes transfer method.

I haven’t tried it to be sure but you should be able to share a document as a URL using the sharing panel. It works in swift and objective-c so I don’t know why it wouldn’t in xojo with the same underlying class.

Could you expand on this? (if you have Swift code, you can PM it to me, so as not anger the Xojo Gods :slight_smile: )

[quote=299337:@Art Gorski]That’s not what the docs say:

iOSSharingPanel

The OP asked about maybe emailing data, that’s what made me think of this control.[/quote]

I was not talking about the same thing. The iTunes sharing panel is in fact the app’s Documents folder exposed through iTunes where one can place all sorts of documents or get them from the app.

iTunes File Sharing information is located here:

Copying File to the iOS Device