Xojo.IO.FolderItem vs FolderItem

Newbie question…

Why are there 2 (seemingly identical) versions of FolderItem?

All classes that start with “Xojo.” are for IOS. All of these classes are deprecated, meaning that you can use them but at some point in the future they will be removed from the language. It is a long story, but Xojo decided not to continue on with the “Xojo.” classes. For now, you still have to use “Xojo.” classes for IOS but for Desktop, Console and Web apps, I would not use them going forward.

Ok, thanks. For some reason, in a desktop app I made last year, I HAD to use Xojo.IO.FolderItem as the regular FolderItem didn’t work. Actually, I had to use both for some reason. As I was just starting out, I just did what works, but now that I’m getting more experience, I want to understand the peculiarities of Xojo.

I’ll go back to my app and see what exactly happens when I change Xojo.IO.FolderItem to FolderItem. IIRC, the issue was on MacOS where it didn’t work with FolderItem and I had to change to Xojo.IO.FolderItem…

You may know this already, but there were changes to the normal FolderItem class for Mac in the latest releases.

No I didn’t know this. I’m still on 2019r1.1 (and will be for a while). Do have a link to the details on this change?

Here