Xojo.IO.FolderItem for Current Application

How do you get a Xojo.IO.FolderItem (or a path) for the current running application (desktop OS X) without using any portion of the classic framework? No assumptions can be made as to its location on disk or its name. I’m not seeing this anywhere in the docs for the new framework.

I don’t think the new framework has any equivalent of App.ExecutableFile.

Use App.ExecutableFile path to create a new Xojo.Core.FolderItem.

Analyzing the following code confirms that the returned class would be a classic FolderItem and not a Xojo.IO.FolderItem. Thanks though.

Dim mFolder As Xojo.IO.FolderItem

mFolder = App.ExecutableFile

You did not quite understand.

Dim mFolder As new Xojo.IO.FolderItem(App.ExecutableFile.NativePath.toText, true)

That works, but still relies on the creation of an old-framework folderItem within the constructor. No doubt, the Xojo development team will remove all dependencies on the classic framework as 64-bit development comes out of beta.

I would not bet on it. Simply because the new framework is still in infancy, and lacks soooo many features, like the one you presently need.

Xojo many times has said that the classic framework would be here “a long time”, which means both frameworks will coexist probably for years. At least until the new framework is truly able to do all what classic framework does… And it is far from that.