Xojo IDE Hides After Running or Building App Under macOS 14.0 (Sonoma)

Heads up to all that are thinking about upgrading to macOS Sonoma. @Thom_McGrath found an issue where the IDE hides after running an app. I was hopeful that was a one off issue for him, but after upgrading, I’m seeing the exact same thing. The IDE will hide itself if you switch to another app (e.g. Safari, Mail, etc.) before the build completes, either during a run or build.

I didn’t see a ticket in the tracker, so I created one at 74192- Xojo IDE Hides After Running or Building App Under macOS 14.0 (Sonoma) I’m posting this here as this was originally discussed in the Testers forum that I don’t think everyone has access to and I wanted to get the word out.

Personally for me this is just a minor annoyance and in my limited testing tonight with 2023r2 under Sonoma, everything else seems to be functioning for me, whether Xojo or other apps. Of course your own mileage might vary.

P.S. Queue up all the comments about Xojo being shy under Sonoma. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There’s a few glitches with Sonoma I’m discovering, mostly minor so far. This ugly visual glitch over the + Insert button is one of them:

Feedback 74195.

Yeah, that one was fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 10.43.52

1 Like

Just to add some info, it’s definitely happening at multiple stages during the build process, not just at app launch. In fact, the build doesn’t even need to succeed for it to happen. I’m really curious what on Earth could be causing this.

I have been using Sonoma since the first beta and I don’t see this at all. And there are no visual glitches - for once, except in Sam’s listbox.

Edit: new project, clicked on run:

And just to be clear, since your screenshot implies otherwise, some other app is in the foreground during the build phase, right? The hiding doesn’t happen if Xojo is in the foreground. So you Cmd-R, then immediately switch to anything else. It’s harder to see in an empty app because it builds so fast.

Hm… The screen of my MacBook Air is too small so Xojo uses the full screen. As the computer is also not very fast I do something different before the debugged app is started.

I have noticed a couple of times that the window with the project was hidden. But not always.

That sounds like it to me.