Xojo extensions and MIME Types

Is there a list anywhere of all the file extensions for files that Xojo can save (not just project but exported components and any other files) and their corresponding MIME types?

I am trying to produce as comprehensive list of file extensions and MIMETypes as I can.

Thanks,
Karen

[quote=435125:@Karen Atkocius]Is there a list anywhere of all the file extensions for files that Xojo can save (not just project but exported components and any other files) and their corresponding MIME types?

I am trying to produce as comprehensive list of file extensions and MIMETypes as I can.

Thanks,
Karen[/quote]
A comprehensive list of “Just Xojo” filetypes or “everyone on the planet?”

FWIW, in Xojo (and many other apps I might add) file extensions and mime-types is not always a one-to-one relationship.

this is very true. JPEG files can have the extension of .JPEG and JPG. Text files can have the extension of .TEXT and .TXT. and this is the first two examples off the top of my head. I know there are many more.

I am just trying to compile all I can… between 2 GitHub repositories I have about 1000… but none of the Xojo ones (though one of them had the RB ones)

I am talking about just an extension to MIMEType map of course as many extensions can have the same MIMEType. I realize an extension could have more than one MIMEType because of degrees specificity…

Having every possible extension and all it’s possible MIMETypes is not important for that I am doing ( lamming o the most general type is a nice to have but not necessary), but I like to be as comprehensive as I can and include all the files types I am likely to come in contact with… but of course only with a reasonable amount of effort for something not vital…

I was just hoping that a list of all Xojo file extensions and their most common MIMETypes already existed that could just be posted.

• karen

The files created in VCP format should all be text/plain and I’m pretty sure that the XML files are text/xml.

While I don’t understand what problem you are tying to solve - do you know about exisiting ressources in that area? file and libmagic come to my mind. Also apache has something about MIME-Type / extension mapping and content analysis. Some Links:

In the plist file you will get this kind of info (com.xojo.project.legacyrbpproject / com.xojo.project.legacyxmlproject / xojo_xml_project / xojo_binary_window for examples); and in the App’s Resource folder, you will get the icns for the files.

Both will gives you an idea of what Xojo have.

For a Mac you can install the SwiftDefaultApps prefpane (it’s a modern update of the old RCDefaultApps pane). Among other things it will list all the UTI’s installed on your system. You can view the UTI’s handled by each application as well - which sounds like what you’re looking for.

Here’s the URL for SwiftDefaultApps: https://github.com/Lord-Kamina/SwiftDefaultApps