Xojo Editor

Editor does not seem to be able to highlight and search and replace within a highlighted block of code.
I would also like to be able to highlight a column for search and replace, like in windows TextPad
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Have I missed something?

no you haven’t missed anything…
Xojo IDE can search/replace

• within entire Project
  • within current Module/Class
  • within current Method

Unfortunately you will have to copy/paste your snippet into your favorite editor, find/replace, and back again.

[quote=359645:@Philip Cumpston]Editor does not seem to be able to highlight and search and replace within a highlighted block of code.
I would also like to be able to highlight a column for search and replace, like in windows TextPad
Have I missed something?[/quote]
I usually copy and paste the code into a text editor and search and replace there. I’d love proper refactoring throughout the whole project.

I assume there’s a Feedback case, on iPhone at the moment.

<https://xojo.com/issue/27328>

Ranked 151.

At over four years old I wouldn’t hold my breath.

[quote=359645:@Philip Cumpston]Editor does not seem to be able to highlight and search and replace within a highlighted block of code.
[/quote]

We used to be bale to do that in the RealStudio IDE and I really miss that.

• karen

Have I missed something?[/quote]

You can search using the bottom searchbar (select the right icon for current code). Then type a search line, and you’ll see the rows coming. Click a row and In your code it will be highlighted. Isn’t that what you where looking for?

I don’t think it’s possible to select a code text and search only in the selected code text. the closest is to search in a method/event.
Not sure why the FB case noted above was closed because it would have been already implemented while it was not. Later it was re-opened and as it’s at rank 151 we probably won’t see it coming soon.

Why your Method / Function have so many lines ?

Isn’t it time to refactor ?