Xojo Developer meeting in New York 20th March 2020

Its not very often that I go into NYC; however, I can ask family / friends if they have suggestions.

If you are going to meet near Penn Station, check to see if the Rangers or Knicks are playing that night. If so, you may want to be a few blocks away. Places to eat and drink on game nights can be crowded and noisy. Trust me on that one. I found out the hard way. :slight_smile:

Edit:
Knicks are at the Garden on the 21st and the 28th. Rangers are playing away on the dates options you have.

Nick and Steffs is very good. I have been there a couple of times.

@Christian Schmitz
I sent you a PM regarding the email

JIm

Christian: Westchester County instead of NYC would be great. Definitely easier and less stressful and less $$$ than driving into the city and parking. Those coming from Long Island can drive to Yonkers as easily as NYC. Pennsylvania would be comparable (take the George off 95 and then just go a little bit north. For you, Metro North out of Grand Central to Yonkers will get you there.

I can come up with some suggestions in/around Yonkers if everyone thinks that would be preferable.

As @Wayne Golding and @Jason Campbell are not coming, it’s currently between @John Kubie and @Kem Tekinay to let us know if one can do the other day.
Then it will be either 20th with Kem or 21st with John, but I hope one of them can do the other day and we can do the date with all.

Or anyone else wants to add themselves?

I am interested and would attend

Richard Schroeder

Richard, I put you on my list. Can you also do both days? e.g. add yourself to survey.

Only less often.

I didn’t get more messages, so I think we’ll pick Friday and I will later try to reserve something and email everyone.

If you like to bring your spouse, friend or co-worker, please let us know, so we can reserve the right number of seats.
Currently we may have 12.

20th March is reserved.
Please arrive between 6 and 7 pm as table is for 6:30pm.

I’ll email everyone on my list about the location.

Emails sent. If you like to be added or removed from the list, please email us.

Travel from EU suspended for thirty days starting Friday.

Do you guys want to meet without us?

I emailed everyone whether they like a meeting without us.
We’ll collect the Yes/No answers and then let everyone know.

I informed the restaurant already that we two won’t come.

The Sheraton Nashville Xojo Conference room rate has up to 48 hours prior free cancellations.

I cancelled all hotels already. For the flights, there is no way to get through on the phone.

Conference cancelled.

the post about the cancellation
https://forum.xojo.com/58923-xojo-connect-2020-and-the-current-coronavirus-pandemic