XOJO Desktop transfer Mac<> PC causes backcolor change and (?) too many windows (?)

I. Does this happen with anyone else?
II. How do I stop this change from happening when I copy my XOJO desktop project from PC platform to Mac and back?
III. Is my alternative to actually enter the backcolor in some Open Event?

I have many textareas and fields, and I have the backcolors of all of my textareas and textfields set to white. For years, it would stay white.

1. This color is on Mac &cFFFFFF in the color selector in the LR,
  2. but when I re-open the project on my Mac in the xojo_window, it has been saved as &cFFFF00FF
    a. and the color shows up in the GUI as white, but the but the color selector in the inspector is actually showing as black (and in the little graphical thing as alternating boxes for transparent).
  3. When I save it and A. transfer it to PC (now yellow) B. Re-save the fields as white C. Transfer it back to Mac D. The color is now Magenta.
  4. When I do a sample project, it shows up in all places correctly as &cFFFFFF

The second below text is from the now saved .xojo_window (now yellow):
The below text is from the .xojo_window (Set as white):

Begin TextField RCRowField AcceptTabs = False Alignment = 3 AutoDeactivate = True AutomaticallyCheckSpelling= False BackColor = &cFFFFFF00 Bold = False Border = True CueText = "" DataField = "" DataSource = "" Enabled = True Format = "" Height = 22 HelpTag = "" Index = -2147483648 InitialParent = "" Italic = False Left = 285 LimitText = 0 LockBottom = False LockedInPosition= False LockLeft = True LockRight = False LockTop = True Mask = "" Password = False ReadOnly = False Scope = 0 TabIndex = 2 TabPanelIndex = 0 TabStop = True Text = "Empty" TextColor = &c00000000 TextFont = "System" TextSize = 0.0 TextUnit = 0 Top = 469 Underline = False UseFocusRing = True Visible = True Width = 90 End

(Second Window)

Begin TextField RCRowField AcceptTabs = False Alignment = 3 AutoDeactivate = True AutomaticallyCheckSpelling= False BackColor = &cFFFF00FF Bold = False Border = True CueText = "" DataField = "" DataSource = "" Enabled = True Format = "" Height = 22 HelpTag = "" Index = -2147483648 InitialParent = "" Italic = False Left = 285 LimitText = 0 LockBottom = False LockedInPosition= False LockLeft = True LockRight = False LockTop = True Mask = "" Password = False ReadOnly = False Scope = 0 TabIndex = 2 TabPanelIndex = 0 TabStop = True Text = "Empty" TextColor = &c00000000 TextFont = "System" TextSize = 0.0 TextUnit = 0 Top = 469 Underline = False UseFocusRing = True Visible = True Width = 90 End

OS versions (both)
Xojo versions (both)
Xojo Project file ?

Eventually Computers specs / SDD / HDD, installed RAM, free disk space ?

Did you clears the Xojo caches ?

XOJO and OS - Current on both.
Xojo Project file ? Text for saving. Binary for transfering between platforms.

[quote]Did you clears the Xojo caches ?[/quote] Don’t know where they are and would love to know?

MacBookPro 2011 with 8gb ram
Dell Inspiron 3847 with 12gb ram

Sounds like somewhere in the save and load, there is a botched translation between 32bit and 40 bit color

All my text areas and textfields are white, but I never set a backcolor explicitly.
Thats just the color you get.

The change from white to yellow I recall as a bug in a version of Xojo from 3 / 4 years back, so its interesting to see you report ‘current on both’

But textfields don’t have a ‘custom color’ checkbox like a window does, so you cant just ‘turn it off’
You could save as text, and delete the property to see if that resets it.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try deleting the entry and see if that works.
I also didn’t have to reset my colors. That changed sometime about 2013 and I didn’t do anything with my project for those years.

I can’t reproduce any color shifting just by moving the project from OS X to Windows

1. created a new project on my Mac

2. added back color to the window

3. added text field & text area & set the back colors

4. saved as binary & text

5. open windows 10 vm which has my mac drive cross mounted

6. opened mac binary project

7. moved the text area & text field & made the window larger

8. saved in a new location as text & binary

9. diffed entire text project
    - the left top of the text field changed (as expected) since I moved them directly to the right
    - the width of the window changed as expected

10. diffed the entire binary project - exact same changes are found

no colors shifted

using 2017r1.1 on both

Thank you for the information on caches. That helped. My PC’s Appdata folder had a lot of extra stuff in it.
I re-saved only one textarea with my white backcolor and it re-opened with it still there.

Where can one access that stuff on a Mac?

Cache folder on Mac ?

Library:Caches/Xojo/

Did you try to use xojo_binary_project (for testings) in PC, move the Project to Mac and use it there (temporary avoid another format) ?
(export the project to xml to check what is there ?)

Thank you for the location and the suggestion to use XML. I’d avoided it because I thought it’d be like text (many files) and I already have too many of those.
It took a while again to find part of the right information. XML seems to have more info than text.
I found my control by looking for [quote]16[/quote] The color is in a digital format which I haven’t found the reference to [quote]16777215
[/quote]
I’ve also seen reference to the boolean hasbackcolor and that isn’t in the text version or on the property page or in the XML. It’d be nice if I could go back to the default, but I’m not sure what to eliminate. Also the black text has a color of[quote]0[/quote]
Questions: Where is this digital color referenced?
Suggestions on getting back to default?
Can white (the old default) be a different number?

BTW. XML worked on transferring from PC to MAC

No !

I can’t believe that !

Very happy for you.

Can you create a Feedback report ?

16777215 is the decimal representation of the value of the color
Usually you see it as 3 (or 4) groups of hex digits
eg

16777215 is &c FFFFFF which is 3 bytes of 255,255,255
0 is &c000000