Xojo Crashes while Debugging starts

This is very anoying. 50-80% of the times i start the debugger on Windows 10 (64bit), the Xojo IDE crashes right after “compiling” of object and right before it tries to launch my Apps. No matter if i use Plugins or which Project i choose. I’ve already cleaned all Xojo caches, reinstalled Xojo and so on. Happens since first 2021er version…

Windows Eventlog shows 2 entries:

Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: Xojo.exe
P2: 21.3.1.55102
P3: 00000000
P4: XojoGUIFramework64.dll
P5: 21.3.0.55102
P6: 61b17ce3
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000129c4e
P9: 
P10: 

and

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Xojo.exe, Version: 21.3.1.55102, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: XojoGUIFramework64.dll, Version: 21.3.0.55102, Zeitstempel: 0x61b17ce3
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000129c4e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1c90
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d806ca1e5318f7
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Xojo\Xojo 2021r3.1\Xojo.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Xojo\Xojo 2021r3.1\XojoGUIFramework64.dll
Berichtskennung: bb502b3b-05c7-4968-b281-28b3a4865011
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Create a private feedback ticket and attach your crash dump https://documentation.xojo.com/topics/debugging/what_to_do_when_your_app_is_consistently_crashing.html and a sample app.

Already tried. But i cannot offer a sample project because it’s not limited to any project(s). Happens even with Xojo Examples…

Did they respond that they couldn’t work out what the problem was or did they not look into the dump without a demo project?

Do you have another pc to check this on, another user account or a fresh vm on the same hardware?

<https://xojo.com/issue/66193>

The Xojo Team was very willing to help, but without a way to replicate it they couldn’t find an issue. And this is ok for me. I’m mainly looking for new troubleshooting ideas here. :slight_smile:

No other Windows Machine (it’s no VM). I already tested another User, resulting in the same issue. I could test it in a VM, but i’m not willing to work on a slow VM machine compared to the real machine. :wink:

If all fails, i will continue to hope it will stop one day with a new Xojo release. :slight_smile:

i guess it could be a bad version of graphics driver,
or bad ms c runtime.

But why is only Xojo crashing? Not even my Xojo made Apps are crashing (like this). :man_shrugging:

If you run it in a vm for a quick test and it works then it rules out a ram issue and then will probably be a reinstall of the os to get it working. You could always try booting from a fresh install on an external drive and test it there to see for sure if its a hardware issue or not, just the vm might be quicker.

If it would be a Hardware issue is should see issues with other Memory/CPU/SSD/Network/… hungry Apps, but there are none. Really, none. Because on this machine is really only Xojo and Inno Setup. Nothing else.
But if i find the time, i will give it a try. Thank you @anon20074439 :slight_smile:

You have checked that your antivirus software isn’t causing this right?

It’s only Defender and Xojo and my Project Folder are excluded from AV scanning.
But i’ve found additional caches i’ve now deleted. I rebooted the machine and hope it works a bit more stable now.

Thank you @Greg_O_Lone

1 Like

Ok, it did not fix anything. I’ve now also added “C:\Users[my_username]\AppData\Local\Temp” to my MS DEfender exclusions and hope for the best. :slight_smile:

Did not change anything. I give up :man_shrugging:

Has it always done it?
Do you have any extra plugins?
Is this a standalone pc or is it a member of a domain?

If you run Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs where does it get to before the crash?

@Sascha_S
Try launching the IDE from a CMD terminal and then debug your app from in there. It’s possible that some error info will be emitted via stderr that would be useful.

1 Like

Something else you could try is downloading a fresh copy of Xojo, uninstalling and then reinstalling It.

1 Like