Xojo Cloud UDPSocket Write/Read In Progress to be solved. Slow Me down !

[quote=456949:@]FirewallPort.Open
Attempts to open the firewall port. This call is synchronous and may take a few seconds.

Is the doc wrong then?[/quote]
I believe so. Regardless, they’re not staying open.

Ok, I just spent about an hour working on it and I can’t get xojo cloud to write to a udp connection.

Everything I tried ends up with an error coming back as 107. I stripped out everything so it wasnt running synchronously and error 107 was always coming back in the error event after the write.

Connect worked, the port value responded with the correct port value after the connect but the write always came back with 107.

Nothing that was recommended above made any difference.

Hi

Your help it’s very appreciated !

Zoltan

[quote=457046:@]Ok, I just spent about an hour working on it and I can’t get xojo cloud to write to a udp connection.

Everything I tried ends up with an error coming back as 107. I stripped out everything so it wasnt running synchronously and error 107 was always coming back in the error event after the write.

Connect worked, the port value responded with the correct port value after the connect but the write always came back with 107.

Nothing that was recommended above made any difference.[/quote]
Which is completely bizarre because when I manually but temporarily inserted the firewall entries that match what the FirewallPort command makes, that test app gave a lastErrorCode if zero. I think that’s where we need to focus to get this working properly.

Thanks Greg,

Sorry if I’m too pushing person, but You know, we are tech persons and we have responsibility to give good solutions to our clients fast as possible…

Yes, indeed, the time difference make our conversations difficult, but You Sir have to know, I’m talking with many people around of word and I had no communication issues between friends until now.

Zoltan

Ps.
11:54:09 p.m. NZDT
Wednesday, 9 October 2019

Tomorrow morning I will try to send my/Julian Xojo Linux compilation to my cPanel cgi folder. I want to be sure, if this problem persist at cgi-bin level also…

The most difficult part is that I have been on holiday for the last week. As such I’m not as available as I might otherwise be and the other Xojo tech that works on this stuff is three hours behind me.

I don’t doubt that and I am trying to help. To be fair, this is the first time that I recall having problems with UDP on Xojo Cloud since we started. it may just be that you are the first to try it, or it may be unique to your situation. That’s what I’m trying to solve for you.

Is that test project something that I can download and test with?

Hi Greg

We can use Dropbox if you like, but I will need one valid email address to share it to You.
I can send toYou Sir, the latest Code from Julian…

Zoltan

Sorry for disturbing, from Auckland I can’t see if you are available… The forum is like the UDP communication, someone send a message and if he/she is lucky, get some answers…

Zoltan, if you click the share button on the zip and click Create link, then Copy link, you’ll get access to a link that you can paste into the forum for Greg to download the zip.

[quote=457083:@Zoltan Magdo]Hi Greg

Better idea, I just made one Skype account. magdoz1959 or magdoz59@gmail.com / Zoltan Magdo

Pls. contact me and I send the code . Thanks…

Zoltan[/quote]
As I said, I’m on holiday. You can start a private conversation with me here on the forum by clicking on my name and then click “start a private conversation “. If you would kindly put a download link in there, One of us will look at it today.

Hi Greg,

Just Joking… and nothing more…

Sir, You have to rise up one red flag (like the bondi surfer guys what I saw…) when you’re busy/Holiday … and we humble Xojo people/users will not try to disturbing you Sir… We are humans …
On the international company level we use one kind of mass email sending app. with "I’m out from my office until xxxxxx date’ message… and it’s not polite by business partners to call me, only on emergency reasons !

Zoltan

Hi Rick Araujo Back OFF !
NO SEXUAL AND OFFENSIVE Material on this site Please! Kindly ask You Sir to remove your unwelcoming header !

If you are so smart, please kindly to solve my issues with the Xojo Cloud UDP Income/Outcome! I
'll be happy to try/work with your smart guys solution on my NY/Amsterdam/… cloud servers … Just drop me on time when we can try !

Zoltan
I’m working hard at data collecting level , implementing java script state machine to my devices… I’m sure, you guys are much younger/smarter like me, but i’m trying to do my best…