Xojo Cloud UDPSocket Write/Read In Progress to be solved. Slow Me down !

Hi

I opened one new Xojo Cloud Server at Amsterdam. I thought, it was something wrong with my ip addresses trouble but as you can see, even between same company Cloud Servers the communication error still persist !!! (107 Error Code) with FirewallPort opened for Incoming/Outgoing data

Thanks

Ps. Sorry Greg but You Sir, your message from your latest post’s to us it’s not True !
"
As far as I know, there is nothing “not working” with UDP in Xojo or Xojo Cloud. We just need to figure out why you are having trouble.
"

Output the value of kPort just to make sure its set correctly

Hi

I updated my code, please check the following link : http://159.89.85.59/UDP_1-Dev/

What I’m doing wrong ?

Thank You
Zoltan

ok, so its not that. Error 107 for linux is “Transport endpoint is not connected”

I don’t have access to a xojo cloud account to test, maybe they have multiple network interfaces and you need to bind to the right one under whatever os xojo clouds runs (linux?). Maybe this is what is different to your local machine because you dont need to do that under windows but the doc is a little vague under UDPSocket.NetworkInterface

Have a look at System.GetNetworkInterface in the docs, have it output the interfaces then if there are more go through each to see if they work.

Someone out there must have tried udp and has some info on this? I’m just poking around in the dark, xojo feel like dropping me a xojo cloud test account for a day?

Hi Julian

Thank you very much ! I have my Xojo Cloud Amsterdam address. You can use it for one month if You solve my issue, but I have no clue how I can make accessible to You !

Zoltan

Ps
… after all i’m not so dump ! …

I appreciate the offer Zoltan, I’m not sure if that is even allowed or how to do it if so, maybe a quick email to hello@xojo.com ?

Ahh, the Time difference between Nz/Us/Uk/Au/Eu/etc… going me crazy… Sorry my friends if I disturbed You with something!

I need one official response from Xojo about this ISSUE !!! Are You Tech enough smart to solve my issue ?

I’m only one simple user of Xojo to needed HELP !

Zoltan

Have You guys/ladies some solution to my ISSUE ?
I care nothing about my invested money to buy Xojo Web Platform, I’m frustrated about my expensive time used for do one simple/common thing under Xojo ! Writing/Reading/etc …

[quote=456817:@Zoltan Magdo]Hi Markus
Yes, indeed ! As you say before (i think the SocketCore methods in udp class is a little bit misleading.) !
Q. This issue can be solved soon ? … before I lost my Xojo PayBack possibility ? I dont like to pay for not working things…
Zoltan[/quote]

can you remove this connect / IsConnected / Close methods and just use this example mentioned in the udb guide?

Dim data As New Datagram data.Address = "167.71.3.96" data.Data = "Hello, World!" data.Port = 49243 UDPSocket1.Write(data)

alternate there exist a simplified udp class, perhaps you have more luck with it in the xojo cloud.
see also bind example for a free port.
EasyUDPSocket

why do you need this udp exact, it is really required?
it have some pros and cons, but maybe you can switch to the more common used tcp.

Why Xojo Cloud? Can you try the same on a DigitalOcean / Amazon EC2 server?

XC has some tough security rules, which are usually interfere than helps. It is true for all security.

Hi Kyryl Pekarov

I hope everything all good at your side !. Only technical discussions Pls to Us !

Xojo Cloud was for my lazy development set for not using cgi / MochaHost / Ftp etcetera steps !

Maybe I have to check tomorrow to use this code under MochaHost/ cgi

Zoltan

For what We pay for Xojo Cloud if they don’t let us to communicate from/in ? I’m wondering …

Hi Markus Rauch

My GPS loggers set to communicate with one of main Xojo Cloud address.

Rak8212 iTracker and MKR1500 Cat M1/NbIoT devices have to send some sensor information to my Xojo Cloud Based Server !
My data loggers commicating well with some UDP Socket Tester’s but not with my Xojo Cloud NewYork/Amsterdam UDP/Port address !

Get the picture ?

Zoltan

You Sir Try to take Me back to Desktop applications and don’t really read the topic… It’s about CLOUD !.. Anyway, Thanks…

Dear Xojo Users

Soo, No Solution until now ! Can I ask my money back from Xojo ?
I’m thinking to charge them for my ours spended with trying to use they product !

Zoltan

Hello,
maybe this thread should be moved to the Xojo-Cloud channel. There, I got help very fast when I used Xojo-Cloud and asked questions. Maybe you can contact Jason Parsley (I think he is responsible for Xojo Cloud and he is also active in this Forum) and ask him for help. He was very helpful and friendly when I had problems getting started with Xojo-Cloud.

Hi Xojo People

I changed main mind… My 60 day Xojo Refound Policy ends this evening … (Xojo Invoice Date 09.September.2019)

Main issues was not solved, Can I have my money Back Please and charge You guys with my spended time with “Not working !” thing? I will send to you my Invoice …

seems some xojo system admin should help you and provide a working udp example and extend your refound policy.

i am confused with 60 days, september was last month and the normal xojo license says 90 days.
current buy page:

Just to be clear, error 107 is documented at: SocketCore.LastErrorCode — Xojo documentation and is not a system error code. [quote=456930:@Zoltan Magdo]Hi Xojo People

I changed main mind… My 60 day Xojo Refound Policy ends this evening … (Xojo Invoice Date 09.September.2019)

Main issues was not solved, Can I have my money Back Please and charge You guys with my spended time with “Not working !” thing? I will send to you my Invoice …[/quote]
I’m sorry you’re having trouble. As the guy that implemented a good chunk of Xojo Cloud, I really am trying to help, but you being on the other side of the planet is clearly complicating things… that and I happen to be off on holiday this week.

I can go look at your server in a few minutes and see what’s going on if you’d like to keep using Xojo Cloud.

[quote] Have You guys/ladies some solution to my ISSUE ?
I care nothing about my invested money to buy Xojo Web Platform, I’m frustrated about my expensive time used for do one simple/common thing under Xojo ! Writing/Reading/etc …[/quote]
It was 4am on the East coast of the US when you started writing messages this morning and as a company based in the US, we’re just starting to wake up now. Sorry about that.

[quote=456826:@Rick Araujo]I do understand Zoltan’s doubts, because in some systems you give/revoke firewall permissions for ports like: incoming, outgoing, or both.
Not having “both” at once seems kind of weird if this is how he is used to.[/quote]
But if he’s done what I asked him to in my first response, both of those ports will be open now.

I’m looking at the server now to see if we can figure out what’s going on.

Ok, so looking at your updated code on the URL you provided, I see some immediate problems.

1. As was mentioned at the top of this thread, UDPSocket is not a synchronous protocol, and you’re still trying to make it be. I understand that all of this code works locally on your own machine, but the reality is that on your local network, network activity is really fast lending to the fact that it’s all “right there”. A server, no matter how far away is going to introduce some latency. If your server is in Amsterdam or New York and you are in New Zealand, there’s going to be a little bit of a delay between send and response.
  2. The next problem I see is that you are declaring the firewall ports as local variables. The way Xojo Cloud works is that those ports will only stay open as long as those variables exist. When the variables go out of scope, the firewall ports are automatically closed. If you make them properties on the App class, they’ll stay open for as long as your app is running. It would probably be prudent to move those firewall constructors to the App.Open event as well.
  3. UDPSocket should also not be declared as a local variable. It needs to exist beyond the scope of the method to be able to continue sending/receiving after the method closes.
  4. I see you’ve set RouterHops to 255. So… I seriously doubt that this needs to be this high and you may be actually hurting the performance of UDPSocket in doing so.
  5. You have a line that says If fOut.IsOpen Then. While I agree that this looks correct, opening firewall ports is not synchronous. That is, when you request a firewall port be opened (yes, request, and it can be denied for a number of reasons), the request is sent to the Xojo Cloud infrastructure which will make those changes some time in the next few seconds. It’s usually less than one, but if the system is really busy, it may take a little bit of time.

Ok, so after all that, I clicked the “Send” button, and found that the port is indeed closing before the packet gets sent. Making those firewall entries manually, I got the following output:

[code]Opening the : 49243 for Incoming and Outgoing data —>

Port : (49243) Port In Opened : True / Port Out Opened : True

RouterHops: 255

UDPSocket is connected : True

Try to send some data with the write command—>

LastErrorCode for the write command: 0

PacketsLeftToSend : 0

After the write command: Port : 49243–> Port In Opened : True / Port Out Opened : True

After the write command UDPSocket is connected : True
[/code]

Please make the changes that I suggested in #2 and #3 above and lets see if that helps your situation.

FirewallPort.Open
Attempts to open the firewall port. This call is synchronous and may take a few seconds.

Is the doc wrong then?