Xojo certification

It is PhoneAgent and PhoneDirector. (PhoneDirector is still on sale but hardly anyone buys it nowadays - obviously.)

1 Like

haha , people don’t even ask me anything.
They simply say, you can do that with photoshop or download it from internet.
I don’t mind anymore if they say something like that.

I know real basic is around for a long time.
I started with real basic in 2008, when i wanted to learn programming.

@Roger_van_Leeuwen
I know and been there but was just letting you know because if the person questioning you wants they can log into CompTIA (official website) and view your certifications, if you grant permission of course

I had to do this for the DoD and they validated me

I don’t mind if people don’t believe me , i’m used to that.
I think we don’t have to prove anything if we show them our certification and pass that comes along with it.
It is not us but them who don’t believe us.

1 Like

25 years stands for the FYI Software company.
REALbasic was released in (June) 1998 for $99.

Read here;

And yes, time (23/25) does not matter.

I mention the version of Xojo used to compile my open source program in the ‘About’ box.

(once again I’m a hobbyist developer). I began to developp on Apple ][e Basic and Assembler, then I stop for many many years. I restart with macro Excel and AppleScript, then I friend made me discover RealBasic. I rewrote some of my programs wrote in AppleScript in RealBasic, and they are much more powerfull and not hard to developp.
Xojo has to be known as a professionnal developper tool, but I think they have to be known for small developers like me. People who write for themself some programs in Automator or AppleScript or etc. could write them in Xojo for free running them in Debug. But they won’t as they don’t know Xojo.

1 Like

Until Xojo has real threading it will only be a niche product.

It has great potential as a multi-platform development tool, but seems to be missing a logical evolution plan.

Web 2.0? Let’s improve the wheel by giving it flat edges…

2 Likes

But it is a prettier wheel, and now with api 2 edges renamed to OuterSideBoundariesOfTheWheel

3 Likes

There is a webpage somewhere on Xojo website which list some applications made with Xojo. It is some (a lot of ?) work to make a website like MacUpdate or Cnet or etc. which list under categories Applications develop with Xojo.
My job is to sell stoves. Whatever you sell, there is always a huge difference when you sell a thing people already have heard about and when they don’t.
I don’t hear often about Xojo, nearly never. Even if some bugs upset me, I want to keep my favorite development tool. And I would like that Xojo logo on my applications become a good point for my users.

1 Like

https://showcase.xojo.com/

2 Likes