Xojo 2023R4 / graffitisuite 48 Webtabpanel

Hello, I have a problem with Webtabpanel graffittisuite V48. Switching between individual panels does not work. can anyone help Thanks

Did it work with Xojo 2023R3.1? If so you may want to open an Issue with a sample project.

I think V48 is more than a year old.

If you are a current customer, you should open tickets for issues with GraffitiSuite, not on the forums or Xojo’s issue tracker.

That said, R48 was Bootstrap 4. You will need to update GraffitiSuite in your project in order to use Xojo 2023R4.

2 Likes

Hi Anthony , updating xojo and graffittisuite in a complex project is very problematic because backward compatibility is not observed. It’s very complicated. I opened the topic here because I couldn’t open a ticket on the graffiti pages

I can see nothing preventing you from opening a ticket. Please DM me with any error messages you are receiving.

Hi Anthony ,
creating a ticket really doesn’t work for me, when I click on the ticket it redirects me to this address Here . I can’t even buy an upgrade to the web suite, it keeps giving me AllAcces. but I’m not interested in a desktop. thanks for your help.

creating a ticket really doesn’t work for me, when I click on the ticket it redirects me to this address Here .

I’m not sure why you’re experiencing that. Perhaps some local browser caching issue? I reset your account password, logged in, and was able to go to the ticket page without issue. I’m about to send you a password reset email. From there you should be able to reset your password, login, and move without issue, but I’d recommend clearing your browser cache and cookies first.

I can’t even buy an upgrade to the web suite, it keeps giving me AllAcces. but I’m not interested in a desktop. thanks for your help.

This is because one subscription per account is typically enforced, and is usually desired considering the savings that buying All Access Edition presents over buying all three targets individually with a minimal increase to gain access to the third target over the savings of subscribing for two targets. Given that you have a Mobile Edition subscription, the next step would be All Access Edition. Typically I have had folks come in saying they don’t need X Edition, and I’ll spend the time and energy to set them up for just two of the targets only for them to reach out again in less than a year and say “hey, I was wrong, I do want that.”

So the workaround now is to purchase individually from Xojo if you want to cherry pick the targets that you need, and you’ll have to do that manually every year with no breaks on price for bundling.

updating xojo and graffittisuite in a complex project is very problematic because backward compatibility is not observed

I can’t control what Xojo implements that breaks any version of GraffitiSuite or forces me to make breaking changes to GraffiitiSuite. Backward compatibility, due to the way that GraffitiSuite is built to optimize resource delivery for a target like Web, would be desirable but isn’t as simple as one might think. As I get paid for current versions (updates and support from current paying customers) that’s where my focus lies with my limited time and energy resources.

For those following along, Franz was indeed able to open a ticket, and I have spent the evening enabling the ability to purchase any subscription combination users desire directly on the website.

2 Likes