Xojo 2014r1 ?

Is Xojo 2014r1 working fine for you ?
(I crossed my fingers while typing the qquestion)

Crossing fingers while typing makes typos :wink:

Yes, it works fine here. Why ?

if then

end if

With Shift+Return/Enter the autocomplete does not work on my Macbook Mac OS X 10.9.2 with 2014R1. The result is

if

end if

On Windows and Linux it works fine.

It may just be this morning, but it seems like the code editor is locking up quite often. It won’t take any keyboard input at times. Click on another object in the navigator and then back and it seems to fix it.

Like I said though… it may be me ( very little sleep last night) and not the new release.

Using Window 8 Pro.

We had that lock problem yesterday here with a girl using Windows 8 computer with Xojo 2013r4.
Hard to reproduce and certainly difficult to tell an engineer.

I have found that in 2014r1, Build Steps will no longer create any required sub directories, instead it creates single files using the names of the sub directories, which invariably fail.

[quote=70865:@Horst Jehle]if then

end if

With Shift+Return/Enter the autocomplete does not work on my Macbook Mac OS X 10.9.2 with 2014R1. The result is

if

end if

On Windows and Linux it works fine.[/quote]

I cannot reproduce this on 107, 10.8 or 10.9

[quote=70889:@Christian Schmitz]We had that lock problem yesterday here with a girl using Windows 8 computer with Xojo 2013r4.
Hard to reproduce and certainly difficult to tell an engineer.[/quote]

This looks like something mentioned in the conversation

…and I also had this happen yesterday, but this time using RS2012r2.1 on Windows 7 (64bit) in a VirtualBox VM : again this a was immediately after running / debuggiing the program under the IDE.

Oops, conversation link to Anyone else damn tired of clicking keys? got lost in the above message…

anyone else damn tired of clicking keys

If you are in an existing “if then query” and you make a new “if then”, you get only “end if”.
Example:
if MyVal = 0 then

end if
// ==============
if MyVal = 0 then

if SecondVal = 12
end if
end if

Please file a bug report about this (with a movie showing the problem so I can definitely reproduce it)

I can reproduce it
New project, new method
Enter “if x=0 SHIFT-RETURN”
Result:

if x=0 then CURSOR HERE end if
now enter “if y=0 SHIFT-RETURN”
Result:

if x=0 then if y=0 end if CURSOR HERE end if

See Feedback Case #32654

See Feedback Case #32645

I am using Windows 7, and when I build for Cocoa I get an error that disappears too fast for me to read, then the build fails. The build works fine in the previous release of Xojo.