I am in the process of deploying an app. I have a head-banger problem.
I wrote the code in 2014 R2.1 on a Mac running OSX… I let my Pro license lapse, and later I signed up for Xojo Cloud. I could not get my app to deploy and was told by the fine folks in customer support that I needed to upgrade to R3.1. I did so and my app deployed fine.
When using my app, the user makes a series of selections from pop-down menus. These selections determine what information is displayed on a new page after the user clicks on the Continue button.
When I run the program on my Mac using R3.1, approximately two-thirds of the time, after have made my selections from the pop-down menus I get a blank page that simply has the web site name in the upper left corner of the page.
I can choose the identical information when running on the Mac, and the same input will cause it to fail two times out of three.
When I upload this same app to Xojo Cloud, this part of the program never works. I always get the page with web site name.
Now, when I go back to 2014 R2.1, it never fails when I run it on the Mac. Of course I cannot deploy to the Cloud because of the problem that led me to this point.
One additional observation, when I run the app on my Mac using Xojo 2014 R3.1 it fails regardless of whether I am using Safari or Firefox. The version deployed to the Cloud fails on Safari, Firefox, and Windows running Explorer.
I cannot test the same situation using Xojo 2014 R2.1. However it works using Safari and Firefox on my Mac.