Xojo 2013r2 IDE Crashes on Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS

Hi,
Have just installed latest Xojo from the website on Ubuntu Desktop 12.0.4.3 LTS and more often than not, with any desktop project the IDE crashes as soon as you open an example file or previous project.

Even just launching Xojo and starting a project can cause a crash.

I tried launching from the terminal and got the following, hope that helps.

/opt/xojo/xojo2013r2$ ./Xojo
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBQT.rbx
libocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[RB] Unable to load plugin OraclePlugin.rbx

-------------> Dialog box appears here OK - select a project or new <---------------------

** (Xojo:10119): CRITICAL **: os_bar_hide: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed

(Xojo:10119): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

** (Xojo:10119): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed

(Xojo:10119): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem

** (Xojo:10119): CRITICAL **: os_bar_hide: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed

(Xojo:10119): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

** (Xojo:10119): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed

(Xojo:10119): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)’ failed

(Xojo:10119): metacity-CRITICAL **: meta_frame_style_draw_with_style: assertion `style_gtk->colormap == gdk_drawable_get_colormap (drawable)’ failed

(Xojo:10119): Gdk-WARNING **: Using Cairo rendering requires the drawable argument to
have a specified colormap. All windows have a colormap,
however, pixmaps only have colormap by default if they
were created with a non-NULL window argument. Otherwise
a colormap must be set on them with gdk_drawable_set_colormap
The program ‘Xojo’ received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was ‘BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)’.
(Details: serial 8850 error_code 2 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

I’m guessing you experienced file corruption in either your download or installation. I have successfully run the newest Xojo on Ubuntu.

Me too, 32 bit edition. Updated Ubuntu and then installed Xojo .deb for Ubuntu.