XML in IOS 2020 R2

Used
It’s a simple app that read a xml document and shows the node names and some properties in a label

(sorry for the late reply… remote meetings day)

File uploaded. Thank you all.
And yes, it is hard to recreate in a small project.

Xojo say the XMLReader isn’t the issue.

I have to give up.
There is something fundamentally unstable about deploying a compiled app with Xojo 2020.

I can’t waste any more time on this, and will have to rewrite it from scratch with something else.
This disappoints me greatly. :sweat:

Do You have older einhugur xmlreader plugin?

I have now written my own lightweight XML reader.
But now, when I add MobileTable views back into the mix, (which is what I thought the problems was last week), the same issue occurs.

2020 is a lot easier to write code in, but I am convinced there is an issue once you reach a certain level of complexity in the code/ certain combination of controls or classes.
Maybe API1 and 2 dont live in perfect harmony.

It’s all I can do not to write the following in capitals: “there is nothing wrong with my simple code”.
I’ve been using Xojo for many years.
I know what I’m doing.

:frowning:

I have given up trying - this has become too stressful.
Maybe I’ll wait for these issues to hit other people, if anyone else is coding iOS in 2020

1 Like

I’m just starting making an Ipad version of my desktop app which will need to load a document file which is XML. I’m getting closer to that part but maybe a week or two away (at my pace). I’ll let you know how I get on (or not!).

I’ll keep an eye open.