XDC2022 Open Conversation - Day 2

At breakfast before @Christian_Schmitz discusses Using MBS to Extend Xojo.

3 Likes

Good morning and thanks for posting again.

2 Likes

Today is the last day of this abbreviated conference, and there are only three sessions. I doubt I’ll be posting frequent updates as a I did yesterday, but throw out questions and comments and I’ll see if I can get answers where appropriate.

After the sessions, we head for lunch, then an escape room, ending the day at dinner.

But first, one of Christian’s 105 clones will be talking about plugins.

3 Likes

Thanks for coming to my presentation.

1 Like

6 Likes

Christian is describing the tremendous work and progress he’s making on his almost-essential plug-in libraries, including revamping stuff for API2 and introducing ARM-native code, including the upcoming ARM for Linux.

It sounds like hundreds of man-hours went into it. Or, if you’re Christian, a weekend probably.

16 Likes

Let me take a moment to shout-out to @Alyssa_Foley and @Dana_Brown for their efforts here.

At a conference like this, we just show up, listen, eat, then leave. When everything is going smoothly, we don’t even think about what went into organizing, scheduling, and maintaining an event like this, even though it had to be a lot. And I can assure you, nobody here is thinking about it because it’s been so seamless.

Thanks Alyssa and Dana.

23 Likes

Yes thanks all, I was wondering if one spoke more about plugins made in xojo?

In his keynote, Geoff talked about this. They will be called Libraries, and I’m not quite sure of its workings yet other than they will act like plugins (Xojo-only). I had a little more detail on this yesterday, I think.

2 Likes

Christian is still going through some of the features in his plugins, and wow, I hadn’t been keeping up, and this is a lot. He has a solution for practically everything. It’s really quite impressive.

6 Likes

Now hearing about Building Digital Forensic Apps With Xojo by Derrick Donnelly.

6 Likes

MBS Plugin presentation slides are here:
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/download/plugin/Presentations/

6 Likes