XDC2019 Open Conversation - Day 3

Final day, I can’t believe it.

I am waiting for @James Meyer (Jim) to start talking about Integrating Your App With AI, while @Paul Lefebvre will discuss Virtuous Code Optimization (as opposed to Salacious, I guess).

Jim’s demo was one of the most effective ones I’ve seen. He played last year’s XDC promotional video and used AI to pick out various people, keywords, location, and more, all in real-time. Fascinating, informative, and, on some level, terrifying.

I uploaded MBS Plugins 9.2pr6, so you can play with the new DynaPDF Graphics class integration.

i was shocked on how well it worked. it is scary good. and Jim has written Xojo Classes for both AWS & GCP to use these services.

The fact that it took only about 15 minutes for the cloud service to process that whole video was also scary.

I am enjoying’s Paul’s presentation… we do not have to worry about Skynet over here :smiley:

Yeah, but notice you never see Paul around a German Shepherd…

and I wrote a European Xojo Conference FAQ this morning. if you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

This demo on AI Cloud services is going to go down as one of the most memorable ones since we saw @James Mullins demonstrate his Robot.

Sorry for the sparse updates today. I ended up spending most of the day interacting and collaborating with fellow developers, which is one of the beauties of XDC.

Thanks everybody and have a save trip home!