XDC2016 Thoughts

@Karen Bintz It was great to meet you, Karen! Hope to see you there next time!

Very nice blog.
Maybe it’s a good idea to add the names of the Xojo team to the photo.

What was different for me this year was the way in which all of us, including Xojo seem to have matured.
Whilst the previous years there was still a lot of talk about things that were still needed, this year seemed to be the year where things had mostly stabilized or are about to be completed (for instance 64 bit debugging, Windows moving away from GDI/GDI+, …)

As developers, of course we always want more, and more is coming (for instance Android), but the last year seems to have mostly been about finishing things up and stabilizing. For us as a company there are currently no show stoppers. Other developers indicated that they had less issues than other years. Nothing is ever perfect, but Xojo is getting better all the time.

When it came to what we are all doing, it looks like we are all getting serious professional mileage with Xojo. This year had sessions on making nightly builds, unit testing, database use, rest api’s… It looks like we are no longer playing catch-up to other tools, but moving ahead in certain areas. I look forward to the next year of Xojo development.

That’s a great insight, Dirk. In my experience of the conference, I think that maturity was reflected in the conversations I heard people having with Xojo staff, which took a different tone to the forum.

I’d like to chip in with my thanks to everyone who was involved in organising the conference, including all of the speakers as well as everyone at Xojo.

I think it’s a measure of a great speaker programme that there were so many times when I really wanted to see both of the talks that were on at the same time.

For me, one of the main reasons that I’ve been to two XDCs now is to spend time with the Xojo staff, and especially the engineers. These are the people whose work we’ve built our companies around, and who have to deal with the feature requests and bug reports that we file. Getting to know them, telling them how their product benefits us, and getting a feel for how they work is invaluable.

Oh, and winning an award was a nice surprise, too :wink:

[quote=291393:@Paul Sondervan]Very nice blog.
Maybe it’s a good idea to add the names of the Xojo team to the photo.[/quote]
Great suggestion - we have added our names! :slight_smile:

[quote=291393:@Paul Sondervan]Very nice blog.
Maybe it’s a good idea to add the names of the Xojo team to the photo.[/quote]

very true! some people dont know everyone at Xojo.

Thank you, Dana.