XDC sessions should be also available per presentation

$99? YIKES! No way.

If they target businesses and rich clients then I do understand and wish them the best of luck.

If they target “citizen developers” then they have a very skewed idea of what a citizen developer is.

If they do something like this:

1 video - $29
3 videos - $49
9 videos - $99
21 videos - $199
35 videos - $299

then I might be tempted by the $49 or even the $99 option. But $299? There are a LOT of items with higher priority on my list.

I agree with Rick - they are leaving money on the table.

I also just did a business course. One of the core messages was “know your customer”.

But it works both ways. I don’t think I’m Xojo’s target customer …

Really guys, just wait for the next 20% discount on all items in store and than get a Xojo update and the videos :slight_smile:

Sorry Christian, but you are not getting it.

The ones asking for videos to be sold in smaller packages are people like me.

20% off is $240 then which is still way out of my price range. And I know it’s the same for others.

If I HAD $240 spare I might consider updating my MBS license, but conference videos?

Never gonna happen.

And that’s me done here.

One other perspective… I spent about $2,000 to attend the conference… which was probably well below average… I am sure other attendees paid a lot more than that. Most of that money did not go to Xojo, it went to pay for my room and the airline.

I fully realize that attending the event is much more beneficial than just watching the videos… but if I could buy just the videos I wanted to see and save myself $1900+ it would be harder to justify attending.

I also had to pay for the entire conference even if there were sessions that did not interest me.

Making the video option more enticing could lead to a collapse of the event which would bad for all of us.

The company I worked with before Xojo had much the same concern.
It never materialized.
The conferences sold out all the time.
And the videos sold like crazy as well.

The people who could come to the conferences did in part because of all the other aspects of meeting people in person. Plus they were in very desirable holiday destinations so a lot of folks took additional time to have a vacation as part of attending the conferences.

[quote=435986:@Norman Palardy]The company I worked with before Xojo had much the same concern.
The people who could come to the conferences did in part because of all the other aspects of meeting people in person. Plus they were in very desirable holiday destinations so a lot of folks took additional time to have a vacation as part of attending the conferences.[/quote]

In general were they or their employers footing teh bill for conference, travel and hotel and meals (during the conference)… It makes a difference.

In my prior 2 jobs I went to a scientific/industry conference or 2 each year paid for by my employers…

For nice locations I typically took a few days vacation at the and only had to pay for meals and lodging during those extra days so cost to me was minimal… That is how I spent time in Orlando (and took drive to the space center), New Orleans and Chicago to name a few places.

For those for whom that is the case, video availability would likely have no effect… but for those paying the whole things themselves I’m not so sure… and I don’t know how large teh pool of xojo users is that their employers pay for their attendance, so it might have a negative effect.

• Karen

[quote=436001:@Karen Atkocius]In general were they or their employers footing teh bill for conference, travel and hotel and meals (during the conference)… It makes a difference.
[/quote]
A mix of companies and individuals just like Xojo has
In fact much of the customer base overlapped back then

I’m fairly sure there a mix of employer paid and self-paid