XDC 2020 in LatinAmerica?

Is there any chance that xdc 2020 will be in Latin America? I suggest Buenos Aires, Argentina :wink: or maybe the city of Bariloche, which is beautiful and very touristy
I think that Latin America is easier to access for those of us who are on this side of the world and for everyone in general, since the investment needed to attend would be much lower for all

You are welcome to come to Miami or Munich for a conference.
But I don’t think the official XDC will move out of USA.

Hi @nicolscanessa

You can get advantage of the (this time) super-early registration and save US $200 in the XDC ticket. The conference registration was open yesterday and, I think, there are 20 people already registered!

Would be great to see you in Miami!

Javier

How welcome would the British attendees be in Argentina — seriously?

Bariloche is one of the most beautiful spots in the world… and BA is a great wonderful city… but I doubt that the XDC would ever be outside the US…

But just like Christian organizes events in Europe, Nicolas you could organize one in Argentina… I would certainly consider going.

@David Cox seriously… What kind of question is that?
Obvoiusly as welcome as anyone else.

I have always wanted to join XDC but since I’m not a business (Individual who uses Xojo for work and friends) It is all out of pocket for me and I hope maybe Xojo does a coupon on 2019 XDC
799.00 USD + plane + hotel for an individual is just unfordable :frowning:

[quote=385407:@Roman Varas]@David Cox seriously… What kind of question is that?
Obvoiusly as welcome as anyone else.[/quote]
I wasn’t meant to be rude at all, but I have seen TV shows where Brits visiting Argentina can get a hostile reception (e.g. Grand Tour), that’s all — latent tensions following the Falklands war I suppose. Personally, I would love to have XDC in Argentina, but would probably travel on my Australian passport! I apologise for any affront or offence caused due to my ignorance.

@brian franco FWIW XDC is not exclusively business people, we do have hobbyists who attend too. The sale price of $799 is going to be the best offer on XDC, full price is $999. We chose Miami because of how affordable it is to fly to, there are flights from CA in the $200s, from London $400, from NYC $100. And the hotel room rate of $149 is the lowest we have seen in years. Cost for attendees is definitely our priority when selecting a location.

the cost for us in argentina to go to miami is $ 1050 (this is the lowest price), just the flight. fly to brazil $ 560… to chile $ 330
Maybe to achieve a balance Xojo could do a special discount for Latin American users?

[quote=385477:@nicolscanessa]the cost for us in argentina to go to miami is $ 1050 (this is the lowest price), just the flight. fly to brazil $ 560… to chile $ 330
Maybe to achieve a balance Xojo could do a special discount for Latin American users?[/quote]
We do have lots of attendees who, unfortunately, do have a high cost to fly to the conference, such as the users who come from Australia. We wish we could make it really affordable for everyone, but we do our best. However, the next XDC is a year away, so you could keep a look out for travel deals - Miami is one of those cities that is usually included in those.

@Dana Brown

Thanks You for the information :smiley:

I hope to attend 2019