XCODE says I don't have a provisioning profile for my iPhone?

I have the following profiles that shows up in XCODE, Preferences, Accounts.

John’s iphone 6 (my phone)
ACAIR application (the application itself)
IOSTeam Provisioning Profile: (followed by the bundle ID, which is correct)
John’s iPad

I’m trying to use XCODE to copy the app from Finder to my phone after connecting it and I get the error:

App installation failed

A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

WTF? I put it on last week with no problems. Since then, I did update my iPhone to IOS 8.4. XCODE has not changed. Went from 2.1 to 2.2 in XOJO.

Based on what I’ve seen on StackOverflow, Twitter and other places, reapplying Provisioning Profiles to the device is a fact of life for iOS development.

Unfortunately, that is NOT the answer to my problem. I’ve gone through it multiple times and still says I have no provisioning profile.

This is extremely frustrating to get this far and then you can’t even get the app on the device for testing.

My app is actually sitting in the review process (rejected because they said it crashed); however, we tested it on numerous devices, now we can’t upload to any of them. Get the same error on all of them so I’m guessing it is something in the Member Center, but I’ve reissued just about everything. How do you troubleshoot these kinds of issues?

Honestly with the provisioning profiles/certificates/identifiers/devices/etc, if it’s not working the best thing you can do is keep randomly trying. It’s been the case ever since the App Store came out, which is why there are so many questions on various other sites asking why various steps of the process aren’t working.

What I would do is simply remove everything and start over. Make sure to first add your phone as a device on your account. When you create your certificates/provisioning profiles, if there is an option to select the phone be sure to do so. I had to manually do that, and then manually install the provisioning profile onto the phone by download it from Apple’s site and then using Xcode to add the profile file. It didn’t work at first because it didn’t have my device as part of that profile so I had to make a new one.

I’ve had apps on the app store for many years now using Xcode, and literally every time I wanted to submit an update I had to jump through these guess & check hoops because SOMETHING always inevitably broke.

Delete everything and start over. That includes generating new certificates. Chances are it will work.

When you say delete everything and start over, what about on the phone itself. I noticed you can delete profiles on the phone in the Devices screen by right-clicking on it.

I can’t delete the app id because it says it’s in the store - under review of course.

[quote=199621:@John Fatte]When you say delete everything and start over, what about on the phone itself. I noticed you can delete profiles on the phone in the Devices screen by right-clicking on it.

I can’t delete the app id because it says it’s in the store - under review of course.[/quote]

For testing on the device, you can change the app ID…

Here is the error code that Xcode is showing:

Jul 10 14:32:33 Johns-iPhone mobile_installation_proxy[2751] : ERROR: MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices returned nil
Jul 10 14:32:33 Johns-iPhone mobile_installation_proxy[2751] : 0x1005a4000 handle_install: Installation failed: Error Domain=LaunchServicesError Code=0 “The operation couldn’t be completed. (LaunchServicesError error 0.)” UserInfo=0x15c611260 {Error=ApplicationVerificationFailed, ErrorDetail=-402620395, ErrorDescription=Failed to verify code signature of : 0xe8008015 (Signer did not match any installed provisioning profile)}