Word Document plugin for web

Hi everybody

Does anybody know of a plugin (free or paid, does not matter) that allows to generate Word documents?

You mean like the MSOfficeAutomation.rbx plugin that comes with Xojo?

I think the closest thing you’ll be abel to get is RTF. The MS Word format is pretty complex.

NSAttributedStringMBS class on Mac can write word file.

[quote=142472:@Andres Montoya]Hi everybody
Does anybody know of a plugin (free or paid, does not matter) that allows to generate Word documents?[/quote]

Since you’re asking this in the web target I’ll assume your asking how can I generate a word document ON THE WEB SERVER ?
Or are you looking for something else ?
What kind of web server are you using (OS X, Windows, Linux) ?
That will make a big difference

Yes, I am looking for a plugin for the web version. I have a Linux machine running CentOS as the target.

The MSOfficeAutomation does not support web targets as far as I understand it. Perhaps I am wrong.

RTF sounds like a great alternative, if I can’t find the word plugin version. What web plugin works with RTF? Or should I build it from the RTF specs myself?

I am currently using a quick plugin for excel but can’t seem to find anything for Word

Our Formatted Text Control has been modified to work on Web Apps. It’s not the full FTC control, but it’s using much of the innards of FTC to convert from rtf to html. We’ve used this internally but I can probably get it into a state where someone else could use it.

you can of course see if StyledText class works for web.
But somewhere the styles must come from.

[quote=142812:@Andres Montoya]Yes, I am looking for a plugin for the web version. I have a Linux machine running CentOS as the target.
The MSOfficeAutomation does not support web targets as far as I understand it. Perhaps I am wrong.
[/quote]
It doesn’t support non-Windows platforms
It’s OLE based

If you could… that would be awesome.

Where is the smiley face that means “eagerly awaiting”?