Windows Xojo 2022 plugin tutorial - video and code

This video and github code is in response to being asked for an updated example to create a Windows plugin for Xojo 2022 r1.1 using Visual Studio 2022.

This example shows how to make a plugin with a module that adds two numbers together.

Step-by-step instructions are included in the Youtube Plugin Video and all code can be downloaded at Eugene’s Github

7 Likes

Much Appreciated

Will watch This weekend :smiley:

That looks so simple, but I guess if one tries to create controls, it will be quite complicated :thinking:.

When creating the video, there were errors that occurred when compiling the plugin in Visual Studio 2022. I kept the errors in the video and showed work-arounds. This provided a few ‘what-if’ scenarios when troubleshooting a plugin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Eugene_Dakin

I remember calling into a Windows DLL I created with a plain C compiler.
I did not try and create a plugin but was able to call the functions in the DLL. That was a few years back but I believe I still have the DLL and info, I will check tonight and if i find it I will post it here for others to give a try

Your creating memory clobbering issues.

If your declaration is x as Integer then the C method needs to be RBInteger x, not int x.

You will get away with it on some platforms but not all.

3 Likes

Thank you Bjorn. I will update the code and video later.

Much appreciated

1 Like

Updated code: Changed C++ int to RBInteger (Thanks Bjorn!)

This example shows how to make a plugin with a module that adds two numbers together.
This video and github code is in response to being asked for an updated example to create a Windows plugin for Xojo 2022 r1.1 using Visual Studio 2022.

Step-by-step instructions are included in the Youtube Plugin Video and all code can be downloaded at Eugene’s Github

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your work. Absolutely phantastic!!!

Hello @brian_franco,

That would be nice to share the C code. Similar to your project, I created a C# dll a couple of years ago, and was able to use the functions in Xojo.

Here is a link to the Github site with the code: C# DLL with Xojo

Here is a link to the article: C# DLL Xojo Article

1 Like