Windows runtime error with Xojo 2013 R1

When I try to run a non-debug build of my app, I get:

Runtime Error
Common/Loaders/Loader.cpp: 176
Failure Condition: functionEntry
Could not resolve function ‘stat’ in kernel32

This is under Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I wonder if there’s something I’ve done in my app? Thanks!!! I have built another small, sample app and can’t replicate the issue.

any hints would be appreciate!

Ken Whitaker
Seattle, WA USA

[quote=16126:@Howard Whitaker]When I try to run a non-debug build of my app, I get:

Runtime Error
Common/Loaders/Loader.cpp: 176
Failure Condition: functionEntry
Could not resolve function ‘stat’ in kernel32

This is under Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I wonder if there’s something I’ve done in my app? Thanks!!! I have built another small, sample app and can’t replicate the issue.

any hints would be appreciate!

Ken Whitaker
Seattle, WA USA[/quote]

You likely have a declare to the function “stat”, which doesn’t exist on Windows.

Hi Joe! Yikes. I’ll see. Dumb question, but is stat() a declare or a Xojo (Real Studio) call??? My code definitely compiled and built with Real Studio 2013.

Ken

[quote=16136:@Howard Whitaker]Hi Joe! Yikes. I’ll see. Dumb question, but is stat() a declare or a Xojo (Real Studio) call??? My code definitely compiled and built with Real Studio 2013.

Ken[/quote]

It’d be a declare you should be able to find in your code via the find pane.

Further clarification - the state is a OS-specific call in your opinion? I use variables called status everywhere in my code so trying to hunt this one down is gonna be rough…

Ken
;-(

ah ha - I think it is in the library that I am using from a mutual friend of ours! :wink:

[quote=16138:@Howard Whitaker]Further clarification - the state is a OS-specific call in your opinion? I use variables called status everywhere in my code so trying to hunt this one down is gonna be rough…

Ken
;-([/quote]

Use the “Whole Word” option when you search for “stat”.

ah - didn’t know that options was there. Thanks,
Ken