Windows Phone 8

Hi

How can I redirect windows phone 8 to certain page?
I’ve read about WebSession.AllowUnsupportedBrowser, but again, just don’t get it :confused:
It says just to return true, but do I write to that method to open certain page, or what?

Thanks again,
Jukka

Does this work in AllUnsupportedBrowser:

[code]MyWindowsPhone8Page.Show

Return True[/code]

[quote=65267:@Paul Lefebvre]Does this work in AllUnsupportedBrowser:

[code]MyWindowsPhone8Page.Show

Return True[/code][/quote]

But I think you should first check Session.Header(“User-Agent”) to see if you can determine if it’s a Windows 8 phone. Otherwise, all unsupported browsers will be directed to that page.

And don’t put it in the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event. That event is for telling the framework whether or not to ALLOW an unsupported browser to connect. If you want to redirect to another WebPage, I suggest this:

1. Create a Boolean property on the Session object called Windows8Phone.
  2. Check Session.Header(“User-Agent”) to see if it contains the string “Windows Phone 8.0”. If it does, set Windows8Phone = True.
  3. In the Session.Open event, check to see if Windows8Phone = True and redirect to another page there.

The reason I say this is that if you do it too early, the framework may direct you to the default page anyway.

Just out of curiosity… which browser are you using?

[quote=65301:@Greg O’Lone]And don’t put it in the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event. That event is for telling the framework whether or not to ALLOW an unsupported browser to connect. If you want to redirect to another WebPage, I suggest this:

1. Create a Boolean property on the Session object called Windows8Phone.
  2. Check Session.Header(“User-Agent”) to see if it contains the string “Windows Phone 8.0”. If it does, set Windows8Phone = True.
  3. In the Session.Open event, check to see if Windows8Phone = True and redirect to another page there.

The reason I say this is that if you do it too early, the framework may direct you to the default page anyway.[/quote]
Greg,

By your statement “if you do it too early”, I assume you mean the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event. So he should just return true there, then in the Session.Open event check the User-Agent string and proceed accordingly. Or are you suggesting to check User-Agent in AllowUnsupportedBrowser, set the boolean property, and then return true if it’s a WIndows 8 phone, otherwise return false, then check that property in Session.Open and proceed accordingly?

Default browser that is with nokia lumia browsers, thats what our company phones are (>200), guess it’s some ms browser.

[quote=65304:@Jay Madren]Greg,

By your statement “if you do it too early”, I assume you mean the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event. So he should just return true there, then in the Session.Open event check the User-Agent string and proceed accordingly. Or are you suggesting to check User-Agent in AllowUnsupportedBrowser, set the boolean property, and then return true if it’s a WIndows 8 phone, otherwise return false, then check that property in Session.Open and proceed accordingly?[/quote]
I was saying to check for windows 8 phone in the allowunsupportedbrowser event and only return true in that case. Otherwise, you may allow users with other phones and other unsupported browsers.

it is a mobile version of IE that will report itself as a mobile IE or IE (desktop version) depending on the configuration of the phone.