Today I tried to compile one of my big project with Xojo 2019R3 (never tried R2).
The result is that the complete interface (One PagePanel with two listbox controls and 8 canvas controls) is immensely slow compared to compiling it with Xojo 2019R1.1
Some things to know:
- updating the listbox and/or canvas controls only partly updates areas. So not everything is updated which is very odd. Only resizing the window updates everything.
- I tried both .invalidate and .refresh for each control. Same result .
- Tried to enable transparency and disable transparency for all controls. No difference.
- No controls are overlapping.
- only refreshing the PagePannel (which contains all controls) does help a bit, but it is incredible slow.
It makes R3 (and maybe R2 - didn’t tried that) unusable.
Any pointers to look at?
Edit: The Xojo R3 UI is also much slower compared to R1.1
I am seeing the same slow updating of the right pane and UI editor.
Fww: Running Surface Book i7 with 512gb SSD - 16gb memory. Pretty fast system.