Windows 10 Tech Preview & Xojo - Virtual desktops problem

I wonder what happened to the bunch of cretins who destroyed so well with Windows 8 what had taken 27 patient years to grow, from 1984 'till fated 2011. As if these sinister losers had decided to sabotage the vessel that navigated the company to it’s current size.

I just hope all of them are looking for a job elsewhere, with a placard saying “I am an idiot” hanging around their neck…

Bill Gates was no angel, but at least he had some business sense. Look at what has been done to his baby …

As far as I can tell, Windows 10 is everything that 8 should have been : Windows 7 with more features and a nicer interface. Took just three years of dismal failure for Microsoft to realize how low they had got.

Here is a screen shots to explain my problem with virtual desktops:

You can see that the Xojo IDE window is in every virtual desktop (at exactly the same place) and that there is no preview of the Xojo IDE window on the current virtual desktop (as there are for explorer and home folders that are open on the same virtual desktop).

So i can NOT have a “clean” virtual desktop without the Xojo IDE in!

Oren,

OK, now I’m getting some where!

If I open the Xojo IDE with no virtual desktops existing - when adding virtual desktops, the Xojo IDE will be in every new desktop I open.

If I first open a virtual desktop and open Xojo IDE there, there is NO problem and the Xojo IDE is ONLY on that virtual desktop, and I get the preview window.

Problem partially solved… :slight_smile:

Oren.

[quote=133230:@Oren Shapir]OK, now I’m getting some where!

If I open the Xojo IDE with no virtual desktops existing - when adding virtual desktops, the Xojo IDE will be in every new desktop I open.[/quote]

I see the screen capture you posted. I tried to launch the IDE without any VD, then create new VD, the iDE does not appear. I even restarted Windows to make sure, no way to reproduce the issue.

2014R2.1.

Looks like a Windows bug. If it should reappear, it probably affect other apps, such as other 32 bits apps like Chrome.

• duh start a new thread -

Windows 10 is officially out. I think I will install Xojo in It. Do anyone has some feedback ?
Do anyone has succefully insatlled xojo2015 R2.2 on WIndows 10 and run some compiled app ?
THank you
CD

I am running 2015 R2.2 and 2015 r2.3 beta on Win 10. All OK on my side. There was a report elsewhere on the forum that Xojo apps exhibit flickering of the close button (top right of the window, red X), but I was unable to reproduce that problem myself either on real hardware or on a Hyper-V VM.