Window control

I have one general window which I want to use in different modules(windows). How can I associate this window in my modules so that I can catch events and work with properties from my modules(windows)?

Thanks for your help.

It is not clear what you are trying to do, but I’ll hazard a guess. You seem to use modules and windows interchangeably.

They are not the same things. I’m guessing you have created a global module and you want to reference a window within that module. You can either reference a window you created at design time by name, or you can instantiate a window within your module in which case its scope will be only within that module.
dim w As new myWindow
w.show
If I’ve guessed wrongly, perhaps you can elaborate on what you are trying to do.

Roger,

Actually my question is, can I drag a window into another window. The same way as with ContainerControl.
ContainerControl is giving me troubles at the moment because the transparant property does not work in a windows environment.

Hopefully I’m making my self clear this time.

Can you open a window IN another window? No.
Container control does not have a transparent property, so I’m not sure what you mean.
Please explain the behavior you are seeing that is not what you want.

Container Control in Xojo 2014 1.1 has transparent which you can switch on or off. But even if you switch off this property and display the container control, the underlying controls become visible through the control when you move the mouse over them.
I have solved the problem by using a workaround. Now I’m hiding the controls on my window before displaying the container control.

Thanks for your help anyway. I have forwarded this issue to Xojo for investigation. This seems to be a Windows issue.

If you want to reuse space on a window, you can use a PagePanel.

[quote=90508:@A Himmit]Container Control in Xojo 2014 1.1 has transparent which you can switch on or off. But even if you switch off this property and display the container control, the underlying controls become visible through the control when you move the mouse over them.
I have solved the problem by using a workaround. Now I’m hiding the controls on my window before displaying the container control.

Thanks for your help anyway. I have forwarded this issue to Xojo for investigation. This seems to be a Windows issue.[/quote]

This is a dreadful bug indeed. Once would think that rectangle would be a nice workaround, but the controls show through it as well.

I do hope the excess of transparency will be solved soon.

In the meantime, Tim suggestion to use a PagePanel works perfectly. Instead of placing the controls on the page itself, place them onto a page within the panel, and flipping page makes them invisible.

Thanks guys

A PagePanel would also be a solution. Hopefully a workable ContainerControl will provided in the next release. I have forwarded this issue to xojo, we will see what they can do.

Thanks,

It is simply a bad idea to layer controls on one another. I don’t think this is something that can or should be “fixed” with a containercontrol. It’s what a PagePanel is designed for.