will this bug be fixed in the next release?

The dots are always appended when opening/editing the function/sub.

Have you filed a bug report ?

Asis, please file a Feedback.
It’s indeed a very annoying issue that appeared since one of the last releases.
So please make sure it get’s on the developers’ list.

Not yet. I still have issue when installing xojo feedback on my arch :). Please someone fill the report.

So to answer the question, no, the bug will not be corrected since it has not been reported.

And it is difficult to report a bug that one cannot verify on his own machine.

I can confirm it, at the moment you click in the ‘Parameters’ Textfield it adds 3 dots.

bug report without a working Feedback App on Linux is the next problem…

As Greg said [quote]“There will be no 32-Bit version for Linux going forward”[/quote]

[quote=292232:@Axel Schneider]
bug report without a working Feedback App on Linux is the next problem…

As Greg said[/quote]
But he’s using x86-64, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

it will be much better if you can provide tar.gz version for other distro.

This is the issue when using Xojo Feedback on my machine.

and the trace

I am on an Android tablet this weekend, ao cannot check FB myself now. But the original issue mentioned at the start of this thread is fully reproducible on Windows IDE, so I would like to have it reported.
I’ll check once back in office.

This is not a bug at all. The three dots are grey, to show something else would be available for autocomplete (in this instance StringShape and StringShape.Alignment). If you close the method, or go to another field, the three dots won’t appear in the parameters.

Absolutely no need for any report whatsoever.

[quote=292345:@Michel Bujardet]This is not a bug at all. The three dots are grey, to show something else would be available for autocomplete (in this instance StringShape and StringShape.Alignment). If you close the method, or go to another field, the three dots won’t appear in the parameters.

Absolutely no need for any report whatsoever.[/quote]

Actually, this is a bug.

Workaround:

1. Open new project.
  2. Add a method to window/app/module or else and then add an argument, e.q. a as String or a as XmlNode or something else.
  3. Click inspector button to hide the pane.
  4. Now, click the inspector again. Place cursor in the argument, three gray dots will appear.

5). Click on the inspector again to hide the pane. The three dots will be appended to the method.
    6). Click inspector button, the gray dots is now in black color.

Another workaround:

1. do steps 1 to 4 in the workaround above.
  2. While the gray dots is appeared, add a character (e.q. comma to add another argument), the gray dots will appear in black color.

Asis, what you want is to file a bug report for yourself, and your configuration. Under Windows, what you describe does not occur.

Michel, I disagree. It does occur since a while and it’s anoying to get a compile error because of the dots that appeared in the top line of a methode, and you forgot to remove them.
If you type “mypar as integer” then inspectior makes “myvar as integer…” and the dots appear on top of your methode, so you get something like: "Test(myvar as integer…) which causes a runtime error of courae.

Then it is time to file a bug report, if you can evidence that.

[quote=292373:@Joost Rongen]It does occur since a while and it’s anoying to get a compile error because of the dots that appeared in the top line of a methode, and you forgot to remove them.
If you type “mypar as integer” then inspectior makes “myvar as integer…” and the dots appear on top of your methode, so you get something like: "Test(myvar as integer…) which causes a runtime error of courae.[/quote]

yes, I have also this problem on Windows.

Me too!

I also have this problem using Windows 7. In some cases I cannot get rid of the dots. I backspace them away, and they come back.

me too.

I delete the dots. and dont make any changes that would let them come back (which is just about anything). then I exit xojo and restart xojo. and the dots are gone (for now). horrible work around when starting xojo (not including opening the application code) takes 5+ minutes.