Why returns ScrollDeltaX always 0

Hello All,

If i enter in the mousedown of a webpage this line of code:
label1.Text = str(Details.ScrollDeltay)+" "+str(Details.ScrollDeltax)

the text in label1 always returns a zero for both ScrollDeltaX and ScrollDeltaY.

Anyone here have an idea why this is the case and what i am doing wrong?
BTW this is on Windows 8.1 with Xojo 2015r2.2

No one?

perhaps I’m missing something but if the mouse is only going down, is there expected scrolling?

that said, I wonder when we are supposed to see such an event…

Also in the mousemove and mouseup events these ScrolldeltaX and …Y aren’t getting another value than 0.
Obviously these properties are not working.

Also the documents don’t contain any example how they are supposed to work.

[quote=197820:@Andre Kuiper]Also in the mousemove and mouseup events these ScrolldeltaX and …Y aren’t getting another value than 0.
Obviously these properties are not working.

Also the documents don’t contain any example how they are supposed to work.[/quote]

I quickly looked. Indeed it never returns anything but zero. In Keydown, I would not expect a delta, though. Unlike Mousewheel events in desktop, I do not see any event in WebPage that would justify a delta value.

What is it you want to get ? If you want to know what is the scroll position of the webpage, you can get that with JS ScrollTop and ScrollLeft. See http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_element_scrolltop.asp

Hi Michel,

I just want to track the mouseposition and depending on the move of the mouse replace objects on the page.
This could be used as tool to reposition buttons or as splitter in a webcontainer.

I have tried something like that using a slider but that works too unreliable.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

[quote=197833:@Andre Kuiper]Hi Michel,

I just want to track the mouseposition and depending on the move of the mouse replace objects on the page.
This could be used as tool to reposition buttons or as splitter in a webcontainer.

I have tried something like that using a slider but that works too unreliable.[/quote]

MouseMove ? It has bad reputation because anything in that event handler can overwhelm the app, and it fires so often that it makes sense. But if you use it only to update properties that represent the mouse X and Y, you can then use that safely in other parts of the program .

Yeah, i know it has a bad reputation because of the massive amount of data it creates with the server. Therefor i wanted to only track the movements while mousedown and only act upon every 5 or 10 or more pixels of a move. That should limit the traffic to a bearable level.