Why on iPad, big time lag between session count increment, and sess.open event??

Does anyone know what goes on when a web app new session starts.
Between the time the app increments the session count until the open event fires?

On a large app Im working on its 3 seconds on a mac safari browser and 15 seconds on mobile iPad Air 2 safari browser.

Im not sure what I can do to refactor code because I dont think any code can run until the session open event.
As this actual app has been running, and all the App events have fired and run any associated code. So this is purely about a new session.

The connections for mac and iPad are local via wifi on a fibre connection.
So Im curious does anyone know whats going on in this period of a new session starting?

Thanks for any comments, ideas or knowledge.

Regards James

SessionCount increases as soon as the object is created. Session.Open fires after the browser has received all of the Xojo framework and the initial Page’s code and controls.

Thanks Greg. If the initial page is a completely new blank page, i.e. no code anywhere. Would you expect a decent (10 plus seconds )delay for an iPad to load the framework?
i.e. if the wifi speed is basically the same?

Does this mean it then comes down to the speed of the browser to initialise the framework?

Also when you say framework, is that just the xojo framework, or are there any files specific to that app that also download?
i.e. if I have a very large app, will the “framework” be larger to download?

Cheers

[quote=300647:@James Nicholson-Plank]Thanks Greg. If the initial page is a completely new blank page, i.e. no code anywhere. Would you expect a decent (10 plus seconds )delay for an iPad to load the framework?
i.e. if the wifi speed is basically the same?[/quote]
I would not. [quote=300647:@James Nicholson-Plank]Does this mean it then comes down to the speed of the browser to initialise the framework?[/quote]
It does. [quote=300647:@James Nicholson-Plank]Also when you say framework, is that just the xojo framework, or are there any files specific to that app that also download?
i.e. if I have a very large app, will the “framework” be larger to download?[/quote]
It could be. The more different types of controls you use, the bigger the framework will be. Images sent to the browser as they are used unless you have preload set. To be fair, the entire JavaScript framework is ~100K, so I don’t expect that to be the problem.

Cheers Greg
Thanks