Why no iPhone5s LANDSCAPE?

in reading the Launch Image section of the LR, I noticed that there are Landscape versions mentioned for all devices EXCEPT iPhone5s and iPhone6

Why?

Apple doc for launch image lists 5 and 6 in the same columns, without mention of the 5s.
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/IconMatrix.html

I thought you could force landscape on the iPhone using the iOSView properties? You can’t get it to work in SplitView, if that’s what you’re talking about, and I remember reading in the forum (somewhere) that it was a known issue.

am talking about this

[quote]Pixel Size Device Scale Orientation Filename
640x960 iPhone 2x Portrait iPhonePortrait2x
640x1136 iPhone 2x Portrait iPhone5Portrait
750x1334 iPhone 2x Portrait iPhone6Portrait
1242x2208 iPhone 3x Portrait iPhone6PlusPortrait
2208x1242 iPhone 3x Landscape iPhone6PlusLandscape
768x1024 iPad 1x Portrait iPadPortrait
1536x2048 iPad 2x Portrait iPadPortrait2x
1024x768 iPad 1x Landscape iPadLandscape
2048x1536 iPad 2x Landscape iPadLandscape2x[/quote]

Notice no Landscape for Iphone5 (and the docs Michel mentioned, also don’t have it…),
So I guess if you force your app to launch on an Iphone5 in Landscape mode, you just draw you Launch Image sideways :slight_smile:

[quote=154246:@Dave S]am talking about this

Notice no Landscape for Iphone5 (and the docs Michel mentioned, also don’t have it…),
So I guess if you force your app to launch on an Iphone5 in Landscape mode, you just draw you Launch Image sideways :)[/quote]

I just tried to add a landscape picture and launch in landscape mode, it just uses the portrait one.